Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#198816 10/08/2007 9:03 AM
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 87
J
journeyman
journeyman
J Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 87
A new user contacted me to say he keeps getting message that all fields have not been filled in when attempting to join our forum.

I tried to create for him, thinking something he was doing was the problem, but I get the same and all fields are entered.

Can anyine suggest what might be the cause?

thanks

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
What version are you running and what fields do you have required?

As odd as it might sound, prior to 7.2, the common problem for this was that people would forget to click the "I agree" to the form rules checkbox.

Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 87
J
journeyman
journeyman
J Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 87
Hello Rick

UBB.threads™ 7.0.2

and I def. am myself checking the 'I agree' box whilst trying to create an new user.

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
Or there was a time when entering a "0" zero in a field
example time diff would also give the same problem.

Ahh those were the days.


BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360
Likes: 2
Y
Veteran
Veteran
Y Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360
Likes: 2
Originally Posted by Mark S
Ahh those were the days.


Don't know smile I just played with <7.1, I went in production with 7.1.

But upgrading to the latest version would be very advicable JEFFD.


[Linked Image from siemons.org]
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
More than likely it's a bug in that version. Certain required or even optional fields on the registration screen would cause problems like you are referring to. I'd definitely recommend upgrading.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Theres a bug in prior to 7.2; where if you have age verification AND birthday info set to required; the one overrides the other and they cannot be run in conjunction. This was fixed in 7.2.1 I believe.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 87
J
journeyman
journeyman
J Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 87
Thanks to everyone who replied - it was indeed the Gizmo solution that worked - I switched off birthday info and bang it worked right away!

thanks again


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Geoff, 1 invisible), 466 guests, and 124 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)