Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 18
S
stranger
stranger
S Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 18
Thanks all in advance.

This is a weird one. Vers 6.5

1. Go to MY PROFILE
2. Click on the "Select a Different Avatar" link
3. A Popup comes us with 30 avatars to choose from
4. There is a NEXT button at the bottom of the popup to check out the next 30 avatars to choose from
And here's the rub...
5. Click on NEXT and a 404 error comes up. In the header of the 404 page is the page name that is causing the problem. The domain appearing is my old IP address followed "?UBB=avatar_select" etc. I no longer have that old IP address anywhere in my Config settings! How can it still be pulling it in?

I have cleared caches, reinstalled the ultimatebb.cgi page but no luck!!!!

Where could this page be pulling in this old IP address from?

http://www.signingshotline.com/UBB/UBBcgi/ultimatebb.cgi

Thanks again!

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
Open vars_config.cgi directly with notepad and ensure that no "straggler" information remains. Also ensure that you clear your cache.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 18
S
stranger
stranger
S Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 18
I cleared cache and went to vars_config.cgi. Anything with my domain info on it is correctly listed using my correct domain name. The IP that is showing up on this one page was a temp IP I used while I was switching servers.

There is a cookie listed on vars_config.cgi. Could that be an old cookie?

Are there ANY other places to look?

Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360
Likes: 2
Y
Veteran
Veteran
Y Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360
Likes: 2
What I do in these situations is just download the entire contents to my local disk and search each and every file.


[Linked Image from siemons.org]
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 18
S
stranger
stranger
S Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 18
Oh my frown. Where would I start to look to find this!!! I would think that the domain name is being pulled in from 1 spot. (vars_config)

Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360
Likes: 2
Y
Veteran
Veteran
Y Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360
Likes: 2
Well, if you just download your entire site you can just use the search from windows to look inside all files. No sense in manually checking all those files if you have a computer to do the work smile

If you have ssh/shell access to your server, I am pretty sure there is a search command also that will search through every file on your site, but I don't know the commands for that.


[Linked Image from siemons.org]
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 18
S
stranger
stranger
S Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 18
You got it blaaskaak! I went to the server (Windows) and did a search with Windows Explorer! I found it. It was on a .js page

So here is the question...how did this get hardcoded to the page?

Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360
Likes: 2
Y
Veteran
Veteran
Y Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360
Likes: 2
I don't have a clue, I never maintainted an ubb.classic install, so I have no idea on how things work there.


[Linked Image from siemons.org]
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
You might consider upgrading to UBB.threads at some point as there are only a couple people around that still have much knowledge on UBB.classic and the inner workings.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
When I get stumped I IM CC then post his answer here :x...


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
6.5 is quite old, you may have hard-coded a path/url in there for some reason way back when...

At the minimum I'd recommend upgrading to the current 6.7.3 - lots of bugs and security holes have been fixed since 6.5 smile Upgrading isn't difficult at all, I upgraded a ubb.classic 6.3 to ubbc 6.7.3 this past week.


- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Selling a Forum?
by ECNet - 10/10/2026 10:54 AM
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 469 guests, and 123 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)