Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 225
M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 225
I was under the impression that we could PM users even if they were over their limit as admins.. however I am being told that users are over their private topic allowance and therefore cannot mail them?

Last edited by Sirdude; 11/09/2007 2:10 AM.

Join Europes biggest BMW M Car owners site
M-Torque - www.mtorque.co.uk
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 225
M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 225
I should add, this is when I try and send a message using my favourites.

If I select his ID and send PM from drop down it works.


Join Europes biggest BMW M Car owners site
M-Torque - www.mtorque.co.uk
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
Can you state the version number your on in the subject line
as it can help with our replies.

If its 7.2.2
I haven't come across this, but then again i don't know who's
on the limit ??


BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 225
M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 225
Yup 7.2.2


Join Europes biggest BMW M Car owners site
M-Torque - www.mtorque.co.uk
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
Admins can override this limit in 7.3 wink

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,344
G
veteran
veteran
G Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,344
I am running 7.3.1 and today I sent a pm to a user who was over their limit and it did not override. Under participants it said none and they were never pm'd

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 811
old hand
old hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 811

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
I see this in a 7.3.1 - I (admin) tried to pm a moderator on a site and she was over her limit already - she didn't receive it and the pm didn't list her as one of those who are participants. No error message showed for either of us.


- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Geoff, 1 invisible), 552 guests, and 89 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)