Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360
Likes: 2
Y
Veteran
Veteran
Y Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360
Likes: 2
We regular use temporary forums for big events. We disable them after use, and reuse them if we want another.

Yesterday I reused one, except this time it was also changed into a private forum.

One user still had that disabled forum on his watchlist, and when it became active again, through the watched forum tabs he could read the private topicnames.


[Linked Image from siemons.org]
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Good catch; not a condition I'd think too many people would think to watch for.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
True, I re-use forums all the time, I better check some at ubbdev eek


- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
safe :whew: - with the merger from a while back, I wasn't sure who had what on their watch lists. Sounds like a mod for 7.4 wink


- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
why not 7.3 ? :shrug: easy enough to implement, since it's a bug.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
Yeah, definitely needs to get fixed for 7.3.

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
Now fixed for 7.3 smile


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 166 guests, and 137 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)