Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T
stranger
stranger
T Offline
Dear UBB sales support,
I posted this question already twice by your webform, but did not receive any answer.

One customer of us runs UBBThreads 5.5.1. As it has been hacked several times in past, he disabled the forum and would like to upgrade it to the latest version.

* Is it possible to upgrade 5.5.1. to current (forum content should not get lost!)
* What is the price?
* Can you do the upgrade or should we do it

Thanks in advance,
Tom

Last edited by Tom Schabetsberg; 10/09/2007 7:36 AM.
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
I'll answer best I can, but these forums are more User -> User vs Company -> User.

1. You'll need to upgrade the forum to UBB.Threads 6.5.5 then import that data into UBB.Threads 7.x (as to not loose any data).

2. I believe you just need to renew your license, this is a $125 fee (as seen on the purchase page)

3. I believe that Groupee offers upgrade services, or you could hire someone well versed in the UBB (such as myself or Allen Ayres to preform the upgrade for you; fees would vary from place to place/version to version as in this case it'd be 2 upgrades to get you all current and I'm not sure who charges what).

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Gizmo pretty much covered it all. It's definitely possible for the site to be upgraded. Since it is a 2 part upgrade you'd be looking at, if you have Groupee do the upgrade for you, you'd need to order the "New Install" along with members area renewal on the purchase page which would cover both steps of the upgrade.

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Definitely doable and highly recommended smile Your users will love the new stuff too smile

- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe
T
stranger
stranger
T Offline
Thanks for your answers!

T
stranger
stranger
T Offline
We would like to do it in that way you pointed out.
I figured out that a license number and password is needed to order new install and member area renewal. I requested these things from our customer, but they don't remember these data - it is years ago since they purchased this version. Is there an alternative way to order these services?

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
If they recall the email that they used to order the software then normally we can look up the license info using that email address and mail it to the user.

T
stranger
stranger
T Offline
The Email address should be simon.matzinger@pflegenetz.at, or office@medical-update.net or something with @medical-update.net or @pflegenetz.at

It would be great if this is possible for you to recall the licence info. Thanks in advance!

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Ok, found it and it was emailed to simon.

T
stranger
stranger
T Offline
Received the data. Thanks a lot!!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 859 guests, and 196 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29