Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#198793 10/07/2007 11:36 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 811
old hand
old hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 811
What are some of the biggest/most active forums you have ever come across? (Doesn't have to be UBB.) Would be interesting to see what is the "biggest" board out there.

This site ranks boards, but there are obviously many that are not in their ring.
http://rankings.big-boards.com

Here are two of the bigger ones I've ever been on:

http://www.thehighroad.org
Threads: 285,130
Posts: 3,735,017
Members: 53,936
Active Members: 10,610


http://forums.ilounge.com/
Threads: 187,195
Posts: 1,134,534
Members: 119,194
Most users ever online was 1,423, 02-11-2006 at 07:53 PM

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 811
old hand
old hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 811
The top site from rankings.big-boards.com has a pretty cool feature called "Forum Pulse" that automatically updates whenever there are new posts (look at the top)
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/sports/f.62/

That is just the sports forum. There are different "pulse" areas for each forum. That board gets an insane amount of traffic.

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
holy crap.. 2358 pages in one thread!! eek

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Well according to wikipedia this site is the biggest on the Internet with over 600 boards.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2channel

Actually as I recall one of the Ians' posted about the 4ch which is /was spin off or part of them.


Though if they're only at 600 boards still then IGN would appear to beat them in that size. I'm a member of IGN but rarely used their boards.

From IGN
Quote
# Boards: 4,066 | # Messages: 166,966,807 (55,727 today)

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Sorry to point it out Gimo but it appears that IGN forums are running on Windows IIS

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
I visit 4ch/7ch every so often


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
Originally Posted by Sirdude
holy crap.. 2358 pages in one thread!! eek


Makes my longest thread of just over 14,000 look quite small LOL


Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 26
T
newbie
newbie
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 26
12412 Members
44 Boards
59419 Threads
429797 Post

here on forum.astronomie.de

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 956
Old Hand
Old Hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 956
keyholebbs from Google Earth runs on an old threads version and is a big board.


my board: http://www.dragonclan-forum.de
my hobby: http://www.biker-reise.de
Ich kann bei Fragen zu UBBthreads in Deutsch weiterhelfen oder es zumindest versuchen
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
Yeah, considering they have 916139 Registered Users, I'd say that's pretty big wink I do think they need to upgrade though.

Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
D
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
Using Ricks Threads; share how that makes you feel Rick wink whistle

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Well IGN with 4,066 boards and 167 Million messages has got to be a joy to manage for Network Admins.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 67
A
journeyman
journeyman
A Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 67
We're not super big, but pretty active:

Forum Stats
10,291 Members
59 Forums
107,223 Topics
1,966,736 Posts

Max Online: 908 @ 07/13/07 08:00 PM


As for the biggest boards I've ever seen... I don't frequent any that I think would be a contender for biggest.


[Linked Image from boards.collectors-society.com]

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 399 guests, and 96 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)