Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 99
T
journeyman
journeyman
T Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 99
I wasn't concerned about this because I hadn't created any forums, but now I have created a forum and the error still is listed. UBB Error - There are no forums for you to view.

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
you need to enable the forums in the control panel smile

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
i believe they default to not enabled upon creation wink

also, you might want to ensure that the permissions for that forum allow your 'groups' to see them too smile

Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 99
T
journeyman
journeyman
T Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 99
Beautiful. It was the permissions thing. It defaults to "no access" across the board. Thank you!

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Originally Posted by toonarrow
Beautiful. It was the permissions thing. It defaults to "no access" across the board. Thank you!
Better than before, when it was defaulting to open for all, which was allowing guest posting wink


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 99
T
journeyman
journeyman
T Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 99
Originally Posted by Gizmo
Originally Posted by toonarrow
Beautiful. It was the permissions thing. It defaults to "no access" across the board. Thank you!
Better than before, when it was defaulting to open for all, which was allowing guest posting wink

Agree. I like this as a default too (especially now that I know it is the default). Forces you to control your board...


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 166 guests, and 137 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)