Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 2
B
stranger
stranger
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 2
But how???

I am currently running a site with this very old version of UBB with about 15 users and 20.000 posts.

I don´t know HOW to upgrade this board into something remotely modern.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me lay out the path to a modern board?

Thank you

Jakob

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
It's actually pretty simple, just takes time.

You probably need to renew your member area access/download privileges, but when you do you'll have access to ubb.classic 6.7.3 - follow the upgrade instructions and in a couple hours you'll be running the most recent version of your software.

After that it will take a few more hours to install ubb.threads and import everything (except styles) into it.

That's it in a very small nutshell, but it's doable. If you'd rather someone do it for you, open a support ticket here or I am available for reasonable rates smile


- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 2
B
stranger
stranger
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 2
My license is very old, from 2000.

Is it still upgradeable, or should I buy the complete new license?

What kind of cost scenario am I looking at?

Cheers
Jakob

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
I upgraded mine from 99; they're still upgradeable. You'd be looking at the member area renewal cost, of $125.

If you're looking at having someone upgrade your forums for you, it'd vary from person to person (as in from having groupee (rick) do it, Allen, or myself)


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
Renewing your member area access is very cost efficient to receive the latest/greatest code smile

The link is here:

http://www.infopop.com/order/order.php?a=threads&t=service&d=ma


- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 11
O
stranger
stranger
O Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 11
Just to clarify, I have 6.04f so I will need to upgrade that to ubb.classic 6.7.3 and then up to ubb.threads 7.2.2?

Thanks

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
Yes, so long as it's classic you're currently running that is the correct path.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
That's an old version laugh


- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
I'm really quite suprised it's that old lol... man, wow lol


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
Yep - people were still yelling at Ted and vb was just a gleam in some irritated people's eyes wink


- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 427 guests, and 119 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)