|
|
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 99
journeyman
|
|
journeyman
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 99 |
I'm creating a new style to match the colors on the main pages of my site. I'm having no trouble for the most part, but can't see where to update the color for some text. Example, I can update the breadcrumb bar background color throught General CSS Properties>Breadcrumbs in control panel, but do not see where to update the actual text in the bar (in the preview pane the text is "breadcrumb".
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940 Likes: 1
Former Developer
|
|
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940 Likes: 1 |
well, keep in mind that most of the text in the breadcrumb is links, so you'll need to style the a:link a:hover a:visited... pseudo classes as well.. (note: there is a 'special link properties' below the breadcrumbs that you can click to set these puppies) set their 'color:xxx;' attribute and that will change. as for the NON-link text, you can just have color:xxx; in the main breadcrumbs class 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 99
journeyman
|
|
journeyman
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 99 |
Thank you, Sirdude. As aggressive as I wanted to be, I think now I'm going to opt to import a style from the styles gallery here that closely matches my needs, and then tweak as necessary. Of course, your instructions will likely help me with that tweaking. Thanks again.
My kids keep running over to ask me to play, and I say "But I am playing." Ha ha. This is great fun.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940 Likes: 1
Former Developer
|
|
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940 Likes: 1 |
enjoy 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940 Likes: 1
Former Developer
|
|
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940 Likes: 1 |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 99
journeyman
|
|
journeyman
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 99 |
So, total freshman question here, but, if importing a new style I notice that they are in text. I tried searching the forum on "importing styles" and "how to import styles" but I can't find the answer. I assume the text document has to be converted to .css somehow? Can't figure out how.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 99
journeyman
|
|
journeyman
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 99 |
ugggh. nevermind. "import styles" through control panel. Grab the text. Got it.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940 Likes: 1
Former Developer
|
|
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940 Likes: 1 |
simple.. grab the wrapper (usually for those styles with wrappers) or the no wrapper version.. go to style editor and import that text file. some styles use images, so be sure to grab their images too  it creates the DB entries and you then use the styles editor from there 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 99
journeyman
|
|
journeyman
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 99 |
Thanks again. I'm gonna give your frosted one a whirl now.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 99
journeyman
|
|
journeyman
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 99 |
That is ultra-cool looking. Very nice.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 99
journeyman
|
|
journeyman
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 99 |
I've successfully uploaded a few styles that I'm playing with. For example, I uploaded the one from this forum that you're looking at now. One issue that I'm having is that I want to crank up the font size a notch or two. For example, in this Forum you'll notice the category names are nice and big and bolded. When I go into control panel to edit this style I figure I can update category name font by Category/Forum Properties>.Category then update font size there. I've done this. The larger bolder fonts shows in the Update Preview Area, but it does not show in the real forum. This despite the fact that the changes were successful.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 99
journeyman
|
|
journeyman
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 99 |
I think that I figured it out. I added a "font-size" command to the special link properties and it updated on the main page. I wonder though, just out of curiousity, why is there a font-size property in the general settings of .category? It seems that updating that value does not produce a result?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940 Likes: 1
Former Developer
|
|
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940 Likes: 1 |
there may be a chance where a category is NOT a link.. then that font-size would kick in 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940 Likes: 1
Former Developer
|
|
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940 Likes: 1 |
That is ultra-cool looking. Very nice. it's my dark blue theme.. you'll need to add some of the classes to get it working for 7.2.2, but just use the 'copy' function and you should be good to go.. also, that doom header can be taken out too 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 99
journeyman
|
|
journeyman
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 99 |
That is ultra-cool looking. Very nice. it's my dark blue theme.. you'll need to add some of the classes to get it working for 7.2.2, but just use the 'copy' function and you should be good to go.. also, that doom header can be taken out too  So, I really do love the look there. I am enjoying this software so much that I'm purchasing another license to create something personal for old college friends who are now scattered across the country to stay in touch. I'd love to use this style. I'm sure that I can figure out how to get it to work with 7.2.2 (well, with help from people in this forum), but how can I get the style? Is it located in the style library here on this forum?
Last edited by toonarrow; 11/10/2007 11:49 PM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940 Likes: 1
Former Developer
|
|
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940 Likes: 1 |
yes.. i posted it in the styles forum.. just look for threads started by me over there 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940 Likes: 1
Former Developer
|
|
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940 Likes: 1 |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 99
journeyman
|
|
journeyman
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 99 |
|
|
|
|
0 members (),
225
guests, and
88
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
|