Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 5
J
stranger
stranger
J Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 5
Sorry for the newb question, but I am either missing something because it's not there, or possibly having a blond moment. I sure hope I am just overlooking something as I don't remember any previous upgrade being this difficult.

I am running UBB.threads 6.5.2, and took advantage of the special November pricing. Unforutnately, I cannot find a "clean" set of instructions on how to start upgrading.

I downloaded the latest version of threads, and the readme file included offered no help. I also downloaded threads_import.zip and checked out the readme in it. I did what it says, except I don't have a directory called "importers", just "imports". When I uploaded and ran the threads_import.php file, I get an internal server error.

Server info is as follows:
Kernel version 2.6.9-55.0.9.ELsmp
PHP version 5.2.4
MySQL version 4.1.22-standard

TIA for any help.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
I have an upgrade guide in the general forum clicky.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 5
J
stranger
stranger
J Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 5
Thank you very much! I don't know why I couldn't find the info searching for the upgrade path.

The upgrade seems to have gone off without a hitch so far, although I am keeping the original install online for a few days while I configure and test version 7.

Cheers!

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
I normally keep the original around for a much longer time if possible, so search engine links still work until they get updated to the new site. Make sure your move scripts are in place smile


- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Havenofsobriety), 156 guests, and 140 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)