Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#201851 11/22/2007 11:56 AM
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 24
D
newbie
newbie
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 24
How do we allow members to upload images to the bulletin board?

Specifically...we want to allow our members to upload images of thier trucks to the website. We've enabled the "Upload Attachment" feature for the specific forum, but we cannot figure out the control panel settings under MASTER SETTINGS/FEATURE SETTINGS/ATTACHMENTS/Attachment Storage Directory and Full URL to Attachment Storage Directory.

I've tried several paths to a directory we created, but I keep getting the response that the directory does not exist.

What the heck do we type in these sections?

Or, do we need to create a separate directory outside of the main forums?

We want to make sure we do not compromise the integrity or security of our forum files.

Help!

Rob

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,235
veteran
veteran
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,235
OK, let's say your new folder is called "attachments" and you have put it in the ubbthreads directory and CHMOD to 777.

Your settings will be something like this:

Attachment Storage Directory: /home/dieselram/public_html/ubbthreads/attachments

Full URL to Attachment Storage Directory: http://www.dieselram.com/ubbthreads/attachments

Allowed Attachment File Extensions: .gif,.jpg,.txt,.zip,.png,.pdf

Maximum Attachment Size: 524288

Attachment File Extensions and Sizes are totally up to you.

Change dieselram and ubbthreads above to suit.

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 24
D
newbie
newbie
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 24
Next Question,

1) Could you explain what CHMOD is?
2) I originally had our path directory set up something similar to what you've written ( I assumed it was under public_html), but I see you're using the ubbthreads directory. I do not have this under public_html. Are we supposed to?
3) Actually, I see that we do not have the ubbthreads subdirectory under public_html.

Sorry folks, this has been frustrating us for a very long time.

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
Linky Poo

Google is your friend wink

ps: your 'ubbthreads' dir is called 'forums' in your case smile

SD #201858 11/22/2007 12:50 PM
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 24
D
newbie
newbie
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 24
Thanks for your time and effort. I appreciate it.


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Selling a Forum?
by ECNet - 10/10/2026 10:54 AM
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 469 guests, and 123 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)