Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#202129 11/29/2007 3:54 PM
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 22
stranger
stranger
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 22
I would like to include a php script inside a forum. I tried putting the include (shown below) inside the forum introduction body where it says you can use PHP, but all it shows is the html search box at the beginning of the script. The script I want to include is in the same directory as my ubbthreads.php file.

Does anyone know a better way to include an entire php script inside the forums?

Code
<?PHP
include('easynichestore.php');
?>

Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360
Likes: 2
Y
Veteran
Veteran
Y Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360
Likes: 2
Strange, I use includes for my header, and that works fine.

Maybe an error in your include file?

Last edited by blaaskaak; 11/29/2007 4:25 PM.

[Linked Image from siemons.org]
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,235
veteran
veteran
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,235
Have you tried using the full path?

Quote
Example:

<?PHP
include('/home/mywebsite/public_html/forum/easynichestore.php');
?>

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
I use includes on my header with no problems, I also use the full path to link to files.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 22
stranger
stranger
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 22
Using the complete path solved the problem. Thanks.


If you're 20 and not a Liberal, you have no heart. But if you're 40 and still a Liberal, you have no brain.
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360
Likes: 2
Y
Veteran
Veteran
Y Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360
Likes: 2
I don't use a full path, but the include I call from the header is in the same path as the header.


[Linked Image from siemons.org]

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 304 guests, and 96 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)