Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 6
F
stranger
stranger
F Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 6
I have a unique problem. I shut my board down a few years ago when I moved to a new house. Here I am wanting to fire it back up but I can't access the board anymore because the domain it used to run under is now gone (someone else has it).

When I hit my web server locally I get a partial board displayed (because it's resolving all the URL's by domain not IP) so many things don't appear/work.

One of the things I can't do is log into the CP and change the domain info to an IP because when I try to access the CP, it tries to go to http://olddomain.com/cgi-bin/cp.cgi. In essence, I can't access anything including the control panel to get my board back.

Can anyone give me a method for accessing the control panel?

Thanks!

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Edit the config file, set the address as your ip, should work fine...


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 6
F
stranger
stranger
F Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 6
Thanks for the response... but where's the config file located and is that the exact name? I've been looking for something like that for a while now. I've checked the root, /cig-bin, /ubb...

Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 6
F
stranger
stranger
F Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 6
I think I found it, vars_config.

Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 6
F
stranger
stranger
F Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 6
Darn, that didn't do it.

Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 6
F
stranger
stranger
F Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 6
Ok, that did do it (got me to the CP). Now what can I do about not remembering my login password?

Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 6
F
stranger
stranger
F Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 6
I found the password file for user 1. Hehe, I'm answering my own questions. tongue

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
it is vars_config.cgi and it should do it just fine... It's the only file that holds your host name


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
Afterwards clear the cache and rebuild your indexes, you should be good to go.


- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 407 guests, and 105 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)