Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 15
T
stranger
stranger
T Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 15
Looking at the Guest user (1) in table ubbt_USERS, I see that he has user permisions of user, that seems wrong, what should the proper level be?

| USER_ID | USER_LOGIN_NAME | USER_DISPLAY_NAME | USER_PASSWORD | USER_MEMBERSHIP_LEVEL

| 1 | **DONOTDELETE** | **DONOTDELETE** | badpass | User

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
That's just a placeholder user. It's never used for actual login purposes, so your settings are correct.

Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 15
T
stranger
stranger
T Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 15
well the next time some unregistered user posts porn I will leave it and open a support ticket. there has to be some setup issue but i am damned to see where it is....

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
That is correct a guest user is classed as userid 1.

I would suggest either not allowing guests or enabling the CAPTCHA system built into threads.

We have a few forums where guests can post, but the majority are restricted to members only, however it is very rare for us to get any porn.




Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 210
Likes: 2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 210
Likes: 2
With CAPTCHA I get no porn. I host a BBQ site and while I was in Iraq for a year I had no internet access. With an older version that did not support CAPTCHA and no one to monitor the system it was over run with porn. I lost about 2 years worth of post.

One of the major reasons I upgraded to v7 was CAPTCHA. Like I said, it's not been a problem since.


-Tim
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 15
T
stranger
stranger
T Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 15
There is some config set wrong but damn if I can see where, I don't allow guests to post in any of the affected forums, set that up in permissions in here

/forums/admin/viewboard.php?forum=1

still somehow an unregistered user can post.






Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 253 guests, and 121 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)