Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 77
journeyman
journeyman
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 77
Being that ubbthreads does not force users to verify their email when they change them in their profiles... and that people can use throw away email address to register... and that people get quite upset when they get unsolicited e-mail

The way to go would be to PM all users
How do you do that?

Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 2
K
stranger
stranger
K Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 2
I'm trying to locate this information, too -- I just was upgraded from v 5.46, where there is a specific control panel link to do this task. I haven't found it yet in the 7.x version, but I'll keep looking.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
It is not currently possible from the stock code.

This is a feature that has been requested, but bear in mind that PMing thousands of people, could put a strain on the server.

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 77
journeyman
journeyman
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 77
The email all users is not working that well either.

I had a mod to send pm's to all members before that did not work that well for me... got stuck due to the large number of members or lar of resources to handle them... but someone tweaked it a a bit for me by making it send in batches... so the database did not crash
It worked fine, no problems.
This would be important to have as a feature

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
Agree that it should be sent in batches if it was enabled.

I guess 10% of our email addresses are invalid, maybe more.

There should be a way to get people to verify their email accounts at the very least.

Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 2
K
stranger
stranger
K Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 2
We dont' have thousands of users, we have less than 200. This was a built-in function for version 5.46 and earlier of UBB/UBBthreads, and its vanishing in the current version is an unpleasant surprise.

So are you users telling me that it is IMPOSSIBLE to email all of our users at once? Even though it was a vital and integral part of more primitive versions of UBB????

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
totally possible to send an EMAIL to all users. the topic was about a PM to all users.. wink


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Geoff, 1 invisible), 527 guests, and 135 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)