Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#203047 12/11/2007 3:30 PM
I am using ver 7.0.2

New members are not recieving email confirmations to confirm their new registration. This used to be ok. I have tried changing the email in the primary settings tab, but no luck..

Nothing has changed, but i think this issue began a while back when we moved the msg board over to a different server. Is there anything i should be checking? I have searched some other threads on here but couldnt find anything..

thanks in advanced!

max

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Are any emails being sent out, ie. Can you email a post to yourself?

Rick #203064 12/11/2007 8:43 PM
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
For those users who own their own servers...

Some email issues also occur when there isn't a valid PTR (reverse dns record) for the ip address that your server sends email out on (like us), a lot of email servers just reject email now adays.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Rick #203065 12/11/2007 9:54 PM
Originally Posted by Rick
Are any emails being sent out, ie. Can you email a post to yourself?

They dont seem to be going out, no!

hmmmm

Originally Posted by Gizmo
For those users who own their own servers...

Some email issues also occur when there isn't a valid PTR (reverse dns record) for the ip address that your server sends email out on (like us), a lot of email servers just reject email now adays.

I dont own my own server, i use a company as my house along with alot of other sites.. and these other sites have UBB on it and they work just fine.. just cant figure this one out..

will look into what you mentioned though!

thanks..

any other suggestions?

i meant my HOST not my house..lol...

i cant think of whats causing it.. i went over the others sites last night and they are all set up exactly the same.. Only thing i can think of is that something got messed up with this board when I moved it over from one server to another..

veteran
veteran
Not wanting to state the obvious but if you have just moved it to a new server have you set up the e-mail on the new server itself? I mean, your not sending out e-mails through an account that doesn't exist or anything like that? crazy

Originally Posted by ScriptKeeper
Not wanting to state the obvious but if you have just moved it to a new server have you set up the e-mail on the new server itself? I mean, your not sending out e-mails through an account that doesn't exist or anything like that? crazy

Hmmmmmm. Nothing was changed really. The email listed in Primary Settings tab in Control Panel is/was the same. It was a legit email address. I cant remember another setting on this version that would impact that.....

veteran
veteran
No, not e-mail settings on your UBB, the e-mail settings on your server. smile

oh yeah.. that works fine...thought u meant in CP.. its not an address with same domain, but the email works...

oh, just came across this. not sure if this is related, but i do get this error anytime i make changes to Primary Settings, but the changes i make still seem to be saved.. this mean anything to anyone??

"Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_SL in /home/server1/public_html/board/cache_builders/custom/portal_box_1.php on line 5"

veteran
veteran
I had something similar recently. Basically it means that whatever you have in Custom Island 1 has some bad code in it.

Originally Posted by ScriptKeeper
I had something similar recently. Basically it means that whatever you have in Custom Island 1 has some bad code in it.

Hmmm, could that be the reason Email Verifications to new users arent being sent?

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
doubtful; the two problems are likely independent of eachother.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Originally Posted by Gizmo
doubtful; the two problems are likely independent of eachother.

thanks.. any other suggestions for my primary problem. Users arent able to get email to verify their new membership..

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
If no email is being sent out, then it could be a few things. You'll want to check with your host to see if there is anything special for sending out emails via php. It could be that it requires you to use a certain SMTP server, or possibly even some type of authentication.

Rick #203242 12/13/2007 8:45 PM
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
I think we need some info on setting up SMTP Auth with UBB.T wink... As is, we have a box for SMTP host, but nothing for port, username, password, or an ssl option :/

Gizmo #203259 12/13/2007 10:24 PM
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
admin FAQ... :whis:

SD #203260 12/13/2007 10:38 PM
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
I would, but i'm not sure how it works

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Gizmo, Nightcrawler), 553 guests, and 186 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29