Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 5
J
stranger
stranger
J Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 5
I recently took over a website that is using UBB 6; The previous admin left it in shambles, and now I am trying to update it. When you go to the forum page, it pulls an HTML fie for the background and "outside forum" links. I need to know where to look in the cgi files to change the background HTML file, so that it can be updated to the rest of the site. the files that are there are ultimatebb.cgi, and all the other files associated. Any heelp on this subject would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

-J. Morningstar

Edit. I originally put in wrong thread, sorry.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
As you mention cgi files I'm assuming this is UBB.Classic; so I'll move it down there so our more experienced members (with classic) can assist you better (and so the threads members don't get confused).


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
You'll need to go to your cp.cgi and log into the control panel.

From there go to

Display Options -> Styles

You can edit your styles from there, which included the header/footer/header insert info.

While here at this forum, check out the "ubb.classic documentation" topic I started that's stickied to the top of this forum. There's a world of info there for the checking. You can learn lots. Begin with the "Admin Guide" link.


- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 427 guests, and 119 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)