|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 4
stranger
|
|
stranger
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 4 |
I just opened my board and have to apologize I'm kinda lost with some of the features and settings. I've tried the FAQ section here and read the Admin Instructions that came with the license.
Here's what I cannot locate:
Where are detailed instructions for the avatar feature? I go to Profile Settings and it gives a basic description and says I can learn more in Images and Icons. I go to Images and Icons and it has similiar basic info and says I can learn more in Profile Settings????
In the control panel there are options for Avatars in Profile Settings:
Avatar Upload Storage Directory: Full URL to Avatar Upload Storage Directory:
I cannot locate any detailed information as to how to set this up or what commands it's looking for. No matter what I put in the two boxes.....the "check directory" says it doesn't exist.
Is there a more detailed, item by item, reference manual? Could someone give me a hand what should go in the two areas?
Thanks...I'm a little lost right now
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242 Likes: 1
Former Developer
|
|
Former Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242 Likes: 1 |
I got this going in your support ticket. It basically just needed the Full path to your avatar directory. Will need to expand the docs a bit in that area.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150 |
I always found this to be self-explanitory, but if a FAQ entry is what they want, A FAQ Entry is what they'll get!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 2
stranger
|
|
stranger
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 2 |
Ugh! Help! Please... I just don't get it yet. I created a directory on my site called ubb_avatars The full URL, I get - http://www.pauperssky.com/ubb_avatarsBut the "Storage Directory", I do not. I've tried sevaral combinations, and continually end up with failed tests. I've checked the permissions with my FTP software and it has full permissions to the world, which is probably bad. I am in need of some guidance. Thanks! Peace, Joseph
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242 Likes: 1
Former Developer
|
|
Former Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242 Likes: 1 |
Look at the DB, Paths & Urls section of your control panel. You'll need to find out what the PATH is set to and then add the /ubb_avatars to the end of it to give you the true path to your avatars directory.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 2
stranger
|
|
stranger
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 2 |
|
|
|
|
0 members (),
171
guests, and
128
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
|
|
|