Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#204110 12/30/2007 11:34 AM
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 6
F
stranger
stranger
F Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 6
I've run a test upgrade on my laptop with my old database, using the 6.5.5 and then running the import to 7.2.2. The upgrade and install went flawlessly. My question is, do I need to upload all of the 6.5.5 scripts up to my server when I only want to upgrade the database, or can I just upload the 6.5.5 upgrade script and run it to bring my database up to date for the import to 7.2.2. The reason I ask is, the 6.5.5 upgrade script runs checks on the files to see if they have all been uploaded. But, if I won't be using it, going directly to 7.2.2 and importing the database, it would seem uploading all the 6.5.5 files would be a waste of time since I do not intend to use the 6.5.5 anyway.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
Actually, since you're running 6.5.1b1, you can directly import your data into 7.2.2, without needing to upgrade to 6.5.5 first.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Yes, the upgraders work with any UBB.T release within the 6.5.x series; so you only need to import to UBB.T7


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 6
F
stranger
stranger
F Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 6
Cool. That's fantastic! I'll have running in a couple of weeks as soon as I get my addons re-written and get my styles moved over. Yeehaw! Thanks.


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Geoff, 1 invisible), 522 guests, and 131 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)