Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#204372 01/06/2008 3:33 AM
A
journeyman
journeyman
A Offline
There should be more display options available. The admin can of course turn on and off every display option for "Display Options" for all and/or per user group.
Such as these.
View Only topics with:
Polls.
Locked.
Attachments.
Calendar event.
Moved.
Hot.
No replies.
At least X replies.
Rated X.
Rated X or higher/lower.

Make it possible for admin to choose which periods in "Show Topics". So the admin could add for example: "X years, X weeks, X days".

Also. Make it possible for guests and other user groups to choose the amount of topics per page and perhaps replies per thread in "Display Options". Also let guests turn on and off the left and right portal blocks and certain blocks with a cookie, perhaps in "Display Options". So a box everyone can click on "Remember this". For guests it will be as long as they keep the cookie and don't delete it. For users it will be as long as users don't turn it off, of course.

Another useful thing would be "User browsing this topic" and "Users browsing this forum" (Such as Feedback & Suggestions for example).

And "Similar topics" beneath each thread, so it would be some kind of system that looks up similar keywords.

Make an archive for the shoutbox, that the administrator can turn on and off.

"Who's online" should not just be able in a block. It should be able to be in the bottom of the forum if you want. You can of course edit the template and insert a link to https://www.ubbcentral.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=online, but it would be very useful in the bottom of the forum main page.

Only allow mark as edited to be unselected, for some groups and make it a permission.

Just show the available payment subscriptions (on the system that comes with 7.3) to specific user groups (This might already be in 7.3).

Being able to go to years before the current year in the calendar (or at least those years with at least one event added should be shown in the dropout menu. It's much faster than going through each month.

And being able to search each topic. It is very useful if you have many pages. And an option to always have "View all replies in one page" on, that could also be a permission.

So more display options, and being able to choose which ones per user group/permission. smile A lot of suggestions (some might already be included), maybe a little bit confusing.

Some good points in there wink

To be fair 7.3 seems to have so many new options and buttons
to press some of them may be covered smile

BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Originally Posted by Alexander
There should be more display options available. The admin can of course turn on and off every display option for "Display Options" for all and/or per user group.
Such as these.
View Only topics with:
Polls.
Locked.
Attachments.
Calendar event.
Moved.
Hot.
No replies.
At least X replies.
Rated X.
Rated X or higher/lower.

Make it possible for admin to choose which periods in "Show Topics". So the admin could add for example: "X years, X weeks, X days".

Also. Make it possible for guests and other user groups to choose the amount of topics per page and perhaps replies per thread in "Display Options". Also let guests turn on and off the left and right portal blocks and certain blocks with a cookie, perhaps in "Display Options". So a box everyone can click on "Remember this". For guests it will be as long as they keep the cookie and don't delete it. For users it will be as long as users don't turn it off, of course.

Another useful thing would be "User browsing this topic" and "Users browsing this forum" (Such as Feedback & Suggestions for example).

And "Similar topics" beneath each thread, so it would be some kind of system that looks up similar keywords.

Make an archive for the shoutbox, that the administrator can turn on and off.

"Who's online" should not just be able in a block. It should be able to be in the bottom of the forum if you want. You can of course edit the template and insert a link to https://www.ubbcentral.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=online, but it would be very useful in the bottom of the forum main page.

Only allow mark as edited to be unselected, for some groups and make it a permission.

Just show the available payment subscriptions (on the system that comes with 7.3) to specific user groups (This might already be in 7.3).

Being able to go to years before the current year in the calendar (or at least those years with at least one event added should be shown in the dropout menu. It's much faster than going through each month.

And being able to search each topic. It is very useful if you have many pages. And an option to always have "View all replies in one page" on, that could also be a permission.

So more display options, and being able to choose which ones per user group/permission. smile A lot of suggestions (some might already be included), maybe a little bit confusing.

7.3 does have a lot of new options.

It is possible to already have who's online etc., at the footer, with some basic code in the footer - I have already done this on my forums (http://www.fansfocus.com (7.2) and http://www.fansfocus.com/beta2 (7.3 beta))

I agree about similar topics - this would be very useful. And I enjoy this feature on other forums.

P
enthusiast
enthusiast
P Offline
I personally would add nested and hybrid display modes, as well as a search function for the userlist.

And of course, I would add a WYSIWYG editor, and would also add back the collapse/expand option for the forum list.

Last edited by Pink Jazz; 01/13/2008 7:18 PM.
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Heres another vote for Search in the Members List...

Plus I'd like to see an ajax feature added which would auto suggest items to the user as they type...

As for WYSIWYG I gae the sugguestion at the beta forums to include TinyMCE but I'm not sure if Rick's taken a gander at it...

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Nightcrawler), 963 guests, and 210 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29