Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#204453 01/09/2008 11:50 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 197
E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 197
Using Firefox or Explorer, a user cannot change his/her avatar directly.
It need to 'remove' the current avatar, save the profile, then upload the new avatar.
If the user simple try to upload a new avatar, the old one still there and the new one is never loaded.

Is there a fix for that or should I post at ubb.threads as a bug?
threads Version: 7.2.2
Thank you

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
That sounds something like a permission error possibly where the webserver can't overwrite existing files. Try checking the permissions on your avatar storage directory, make sure full permissions are set.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 197
E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 197
I checked that Rick. Unless I'm seeing the wrong directory, seams fine:

/images/avatarsM = rwxrwxrwx


Is that the right one?

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
If they cannot change their avatar, then ensure that all files within your avatar storage are set to 666

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 197
E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 197
They can delete and create a new avatar.
And the permissions on the folder are rwxrwxrwx and all files have permission rw-rw-rw-, so I'm start thinking it's not permission issue, but somethig else.
Can you change the avatar on your forum?

Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 10
R
stranger
stranger
R Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 10
I had a report of the same issue tonight and was coming to post, but I will just piggy back on this one.


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 270 guests, and 100 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)