Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#204468 01/09/2008 7:16 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 7
W
stranger
stranger
W Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 7
Is it possible to run multiple machines behind a load balancer with ubbthreads? We are trying to eliminate single points of failure, and would like to be able to add a second machine with the forums on them, for HA and for load balancing reasons. Anyone done this? The mysql db is already going on the replication route, so that's covered, but the actual forum machine is still currently just one machine.

Thanks.

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Please review this link for the information you're looking for.

Load Balanced MySQL Servers

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 7
W
stranger
stranger
W Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 7
Not really. I already know that I can (in fact am) load balancing the db. The question is to the ubb code itself. Is it multimachine safe? if I use shared storage (NFS or gluster) will I run into file contention? For example, if two people try to register at the same time, and each one gets a different machine in the pool, will there be a potential user id clash?

Thanks.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
I don't believe it is, as the session data doesn't exist in the db


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 7
W
stranger
stranger
W Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 7
OK, we can still do hot standby which gets most of our needs. Thanks.

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Well for performance MySQL stuff you might be able to gain some information or help from here.

http://www.mysqlperformanceblog.com
http://www.percona.com




Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 206 guests, and 158 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)