Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#204677 01/12/2008 8:46 PM
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 2
X
stranger
stranger
X Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 2
Hello

I'm using 6.7.1 and suddenly I started getting this error when trying to enter any of my rooms:

Hack attempt logged or corrupt/altered member file found with extra fields. ('0000000x')

Instead of the 000x things there's a number, I guessed it's a member number but when I try to delete it a different number shows

Can anyone help?


Last edited by Xerio99; 01/12/2008 8:48 PM.
Xerio99 #204685 01/12/2008 10:33 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Did you install any hacks? It sounds like you where using a mod then removed the modification and the profile has additional fields due to the mod (which makes perfect sense).

Groupee at one time had a script that would remove the additional fields; or you can modify the code to allow for more profile fields; however I don't recall where any of this is anymore as I haven't used classic in 2 years; but i'd imagine it's in a lib file somewhere.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Gizmo #204688 01/12/2008 11:41 PM
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 2
X
stranger
stranger
X Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 2
I have some hacks installed also I wasn't removing anything lately was just changing tryingto change some board settings

But at least I have a direction now, thanks

Xerio99 #204770 01/14/2008 3:15 AM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
If you are positive you are the only one who's made any changes to the profile fields you can bump the allowed fields number to the actual ones you use in the ubb_lib.cgi, it's a line with something like "MaxMemFields" in it. CC calls me out in it, so you call actually search for Allen and you'll be there wink


- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 118 guests, and 136 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)