Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#204497 01/10/2008 10:41 AM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 23
T
stranger
stranger
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 23
I'm running 6.7.2 and my host has informed us that cgi files with permission set to 666 or 777 will not be allowed to execute for security reasons. In the original installation Docs, certain directories and the variables were set to 777. Both set to 755 seem to work fine... Doesn't seem to be an issue.

The only 666 permission files I can find are in the cache directory. Can they be set to 655 or something else without problem?

Thanks in advance...

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
Not sure - but you could try 664

Ian #204769 01/14/2008 3:10 AM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
Those that are set to 777 are just being read, not executed (vars_*.cgi). You can set them to lower permissions if you aren't making changes to settings in the control panel.


- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
775/665 should work


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Gizmo #204796 01/14/2008 11:59 AM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 23
T
stranger
stranger
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 23
OK, Thanks!


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 253 guests, and 121 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)