Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#195701 08/29/2007 3:47 PM
Y
Veteran
Veteran
Y Offline
Based on the 7.2b4 language pack from nims2. Updated to 7.2.2, gave it the same charactarset as the english one and a little bit more translated.

Again, only on the userside of things, not for the admin.

As we speak, users at themepark.nl are helping with the full translation of the frontend. Will post that here when finished.
Attachments
nederlands.zip (112.55 KB, 421 downloads)
Dutch language file for ubb 7.2.2

[Linked Image from siemons.org]
Yarp #195802 08/30/2007 8:22 AM
Thanks mate! I was already wanting to do this, but you now saved me some time wink .

Btw, I see that you include a lot of incomplete files with your pack when I compared mine with yours with winmerge.

e.g. in admin\editstyle.php all the following is not added:

$ubbt_lang['.new-alt-newintopic_desc'] = "<b>.new-alt-newintopic Class</b><br /><br />This is used for properties of the cell that holds the indicator for new posts in a topic. This will be used on even numbered rows that are designated as new.";
$ubbt_lang['.new-alt-topicicon_desc'] = "<b>.new-alt-topicicon Class</b><br /><br />This is used for properties of the cell that holds the topic icon. This will be used on even numbered rows that are designated as new.";
$ubbt_lang['.new-alt-topicsubject_desc'] = "<b>.new-alt-topicsubject Class</b><br /><br />This is used for properties of the cell that shows the topic subject. This will be used on even numbered rows that are designated as new.";
$ubbt_lang['.new-alt-topicreplies_desc'] = "<b>.new-alt-topicreplies Class</b><br /><br />This is used for properties of the cell that shows the total replies to a topic. This will be used on even numbered rows that are designated as new.";
$ubbt_lang['.new-alt-topicviews_desc'] = "<b>.new-alt-topicviews Class</b><br /><br />This is used for properties of the cell that shows the the total views of a topic. This will be used on even numbered rows that are designated as new.";
$ubbt_lang['.forum_extras_desc'] = "<b>.forum_extras Class</b><br /><br />This is used for properties of the text that shows the list of moderators or subforums.";
$ubbt_lang['.alt-newintopic_desc'] = "<b>.alt-newintopic Class</b><br /><br />This is used for properties of the cell that holds the indicator for new posts in a topic. This will be used for even numbered rows.";
$ubbt_lang['.alt-topicicon_desc'] = "<b>.alt-topicicon Class</b><br /><br />This is used for properties of the cell that holds the topic icon. This will be used for even numbered rows.";
$ubbt_lang['.alt-topicsubject_desc'] = "<b>.alt-topicsubject Class</b><br /><br />This is used for properties of the cell that shows the topic subject. This will be used for even numbered rows.";
$ubbt_lang['.alt-topicreplies_desc'] = "<b>.alt-topicreplies Class</b><br /><br />This is used for properties of the cell that shows the total replies to a topic. This will be used for even numbered rows.";
$ubbt_lang['.alt-topicviews_desc'] = "<b>.alt-topicviews Class</b><br /><br />This is used for properties of the cell that shows the the total views of a topic. This will be used for even numbered rows.";
$ubbt_lang['.alt-topictime_desc'] = "<b>.alt-topictime Class</b><br /><br />This is used for properties of the cell that shows the information on the last reply to a topic. This will be used for even numbered rows.";
$ubbt_lang['.new-newintopic_desc'] = "<b>.new-newintopic Class</b><br /><br />This is used for properties of the cell that holds the indicator for new posts in a topic. This will be used on odd numbered rows that are designated as new.";
$ubbt_lang['.new-topicicon_desc'] = "<b>.new-topicicon Class</b><br /><br />This is used for properties of the cell that holds the topic icon. This will be used on odd numbered rows that are designated as new.";
$ubbt_lang['.new-topicsubject_desc'] = "<b>.new-topicsubject Class</b><br /><br />This is used for properties of the cell that shows the topic subject. This will be used on odd numbered rows that are designated as new.";
$ubbt_lang['.new-topicreplies_desc'] = "<b>.new-topicreplies Class</b><br /><br />This is used for properties of the cell that shows the total replies to a topic. This will be used on odd numbered rows that are designated as new.";
$ubbt_lang['.new-topicviews_desc'] = "<b>.new-topicviews Class</b><br /><br />This is used for properties of the cell that shows the the total views of a topic. This will be used on odd numbered rows that are designated as new.";
$ubbt_lang['.new-topictime_desc'] = "<b>.new-topictime Class</b><br /><br />This is used for properties of the cell that shows the information on the last reply to a topic. This will be used on odd numbered rows that are designated as new.";
$ubbt_lang['.author-content_desc'] = "<b>.author-content Class</b><br /><br />Cell that holds the author information.";

I'll update your files with the one I have are missing, and upload a new complete pack.

Here's the up to date version to version 7.2.2 in which I also translated some more than was originally there. I also removed the extra tags, in the same way the upgrade does. So the files should now be consistent with the actual 7.2.2 from the core.

Next time when you do an update, don't forget to download the installed language files, before you do an update and or upload. Otherwise you get missing tags or tangled items that are misplaced. Have fun with this file.
Attachments
nederlands.zip (113 KB, 402 downloads)

Last edited by nims2; 08/30/2007 8:43 AM.
Y
Veteran
Veteran
Y Offline
Originally Posted by nims2
Next time when you do an update, don't forget to download the installed language files, before you do an update and or upload. Otherwise you get missing tags or tangled items that are misplaced. Have fun with this file.

hmm, strange. I did do that.

But I also just put your 7.2b4 file in my 7.2 install. Maybe something went wrong there.

Thanks for your added work! I'll install it, and let the translators take that as a starting point.

Yarp #195922 08/31/2007 11:27 AM
Great smile. Almost everything is done. I don't care about the admin page's. Who sees them anyway wink .

nims2 #195924 08/31/2007 12:39 PM
Y
Veteran
Veteran
Y Offline
Don't think there is any serious dutch forum techy admin that doesn't know english.

Lang leve de Nederlanders met hun talenkennis smile

Yarp #195951 08/31/2007 5:54 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by blaaskaak
Don't think there is any serious dutch forum techy admin that doesn't know english.

LOL - Well our board is in the Netherlands and many of the members appear to speak Dutch but as you say the board is ALL ENGLISH as they all know it, though some better than others.

In fact one Admin now actually speaks (well reads/writes English MUCH better now after a few years on the board with only English.)

Y
Veteran
Veteran
Y Offline
Originally Posted by ntdoc
LOL - Well our board is in the Netherlands and many of the members appear to speak Dutch but as you say the board is ALL ENGLISH as they all know it, though some better than others.

Practise makes perfect. My english is getting better just from hanging around here.

I'm gonna poke around start kixtart.org for a while, we used to use KiXtart at work, but reverted to strictly batch language when we put up our new domain a few years back.

In fact one Admin now actually speaks (well reads/writes English MUCH better now after a few years on the board with only English.)

That helps. Same like going on a holiday in a country and being forced into a language. I keep saying gracias for a while when I've been to spain smile

Yarp #195985 09/01/2007 5:08 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by blaaskaak
[quote=ntdoc]
I'm gonna poke around start kixtart.org for a while, we used to use KiXtart at work, but reverted to strictly batch language when we put up our new domain a few years back.

Wow batch can't even come close to the power and ease of KiXtart.
I use it for Work stuff and Home stuff both.

Very easy language to learn and use as compared to the others out there.

I'd give KiXtart a test drive and see what all you can do now.

Y
Veteran
Veteran
Y Offline
Wow batch can't even come close to the power and ease of KiXtart.

I know, but batch could do all the stuff we wanted. No need for a formula 1 car to do the groceries. All the stuff we did in KiXtart on our old domain, I was able to do in batch.

But we want more, and KiXtart is definitely something I am looking into.

Yarp #196024 09/01/2007 2:27 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I've not worked on that type of install myself but I know Radimus over on KiXtart has. Might want to hit him up and see what or if he has anything for public use available.

L
journeyman
journeyman
L Offline
Is the FAQ page available in Dutch?

Y
Y Offline
I translated the first section of the FAQ. Please feel free to use it:

Waarom moet ik mijzelf registreren?
Als u zich op het forum registreert, kunt u uw ledenprofiel en voorkeuren bewerken. U haalt het meest uit het forum als u uw profiel en voorkeuren afstemt op uw persoonlijke wensen. In uw profiel vindt u meer opties waarmee u een bezoek aan het forum nog aangenamer kunt maken, dus neem de tijd om de diverse instellingen uit te proberen. Daarnaast kunnen alleen geregistreerde en ingelogde gebruikers tijdens elk bezoek profiteren van de functie 'Nieuwe berichten'. Zodra u zich heeft geregistreerd en bent ingelogd, klikt u op 'Profiel bewerken' of 'Voorkeuren bewerken' op het forumnavigatie-eiland om uw instellingen te bewerken.

Waarom vragen jullie om twee e-mailadressen?
Het veld 'E-mailadres' wordt gebruikt voor e-mailmededelingen, forumabonnementen en het e-mailen van uw wachtwoord. Het veld 'Openbaar e-mailadres' is wat andere gebruikers zien als ze uw profiel weergeven. Wij begrijpen dat niet iedereen uw echte e-mailadres mag weten; wij hebben het adres echter wel nodig als u zich op een forum abonneert of wilt dat antwoorden naar u worden ge-e-maild. Als u ons uw echte e-mailadres geeft via het veld 'E-mailadres', kunnen alleen de beheerders van het forum dit adres zien. Via het openbare e-mailadres kunt u een ander e-mailadres opgeven voor alle andere gebruikers. Sommige mensen voeren hier een adres in zoals janjanssen@geen.spam.yahoo.com. Op deze manier kunnen mensen nog steeds zien wat uw echte e-mailadres is, maar kunnen spamagenten niet zomaar de pagina gaan parsen om uw e-mailadres te vinden en u later spam te gaan sturen.

Moet mijn browser cookies accepteren?
Ja. Cookies worden gebruikt om uw inloginformatie en de berichten te onthouden die u tijdens de huidige sessie heeft gelezen. Als u geen cookies accepteert, werken sommige functies niet goed.

Hoe log ik in?
Als u zich op deze fora heeft geregistreerd, moet u inloggen om uw instellingen te kunnen aanpassen. Om in te loggen, gaat u naar de link 'Inloggen' rechtsboven in het scherm. Via deze link komt u op een pagina waarop u uw gebruikersnaam (e-mailadres) en wachtwoord kunt invoeren. Vergeet niet dat het wachtwoord altijd hoofdlettergevoelig is. Dat betekent dat de software 'S' en 's' als verschillende tekens beschouwt.

Zodra u uw gebruikersnaam (e-mailadres) en wachtwoord heeft ingevoerd, gaat u naar de startweergave. (U kunt de standaardstartweergave wijzigen door op het forumnavigatie-eiland op 'Voorkeuren bewerken' te klikken.) Als er persoonlijke berichten zijn aangekomen, ziet u een knipperende envelop op het eiland 'Mijn berichten'. (Merk op dat dit alleen geldt als de functie 'Persoonlijke berichten' is ingeschakeld door de beheerders van het forum.)

Help! Ik heb problemen met inloggen!
Met behulp van deze controlelijst kunt u wellicht op de juiste manier inloggen:

1) Controleer of u het wachtwoord juist invoert. Wachtwoorden zijn hoofdlettergevoelig.
2) Controleer of uw browser ondersteuning biedt voor cookies; als dat het geval is, controleert u het gebruikte beveiligingsniveau. Hoge beveiligingsniveaus kunnen ervoor zorgen dat bepaalde browsers cookies automatisch weigeren. Om de belangrijkste functies van deze fora te gebruiken, moet u cookies accepteren. De maker van uw browser kan u helpen met andere problemen die u wellicht ondervindt door uw cookie-instellingen.
3) Log volledig uit door op de link 'Uitloggen' rechtsboven in de pagina te klikken. Log vervolgens opnieuw in.
4) Nadat u bent ingelogd, moet u de autorisatie mogelijk opnieuw uitvoeren door op de knop 'Opnieuw laden' of 'Vernieuwen' van uw browser te klikken.
5) Als deze stappen niet werken, kunt u proberen om de cookies voor deze fora te verwijderen met het hulpmiddel Mijn cookies.
6) Als u nog steeds problemen ondervindt, gaat u naar de pagina 'Inloggen' en klikt u op "Bent u de inloggegevens vergeten?". Als u uw e-mailadres opgeeft in het veld 'E-mailadres', wordt er een tijdelijk wachtwoord ge-e-maild naar het e-mailadres waarmee u de account heeft geconfigureerd.

Wat is de titel die in berichten onder mijn schermnaam verschijnt?
Dat is een door het systeem gegenereerde gebruikerstitel die het aantal berichten waardeert dat u heeft geplaatst. Afhankelijk van het totaalaantal berichten dat u heeft geplaatst, doorloopt u diverse niveaus.

Wat betekenen deze titels?
Iedereen op het forum heeft een titel. U ziet de titel in elk bericht onder de schermnaam. Sommige titels worden automatisch toegewezen op basis van het aantal berichten dat een gebruiker heeft geplaatst; andere titels worden toegewezen door de forumeigenaar, zodat u officiële vertegenwoordigers van de organisatie of andere VIP's op de fora kunt herkennen.

0 Nieuw hier25 Verkenner50 Aspirant-lid100 Lid200 Liefhebber400 Verslaafde700 Ouwe rot1200 Veteraan1600 Blaaskaak2500 Carpale tunnel

Ik ben mijn wachtwoord vergeten!
Als u uw wachtwoord bent vergeten, hoeft u zich geen zorgen te maken! Wij kunnen u zonder problemen een tijdelijk wachtwoord e-mailen. Ga naar de inlogpagina en klik op 'Bent u de inloggegevens vergeten?'. Als u uw e-mailadres opgeeft in het veld 'E-mailadres', wordt er een tijdelijk wachtwoord ge-e-maild naar het e-mailadres waarmee u de account heeft geconfigureerd.

Deze procedure is veilig, omdat het wachtwoord alleen wordt ge-e-maild naar de oorspronkelijke eigenaar van de account. Het is via deze functie niet mogelijk om het wachtwoord te stelen.

Hoe wijzig ik mijn wachtwoord?
U kunt uw wachtwoord altijd wijzigen. Op het forumnavigatie-eiland klikt u op 'Profiel bewerken'. Bewerk het wachtwoord, verifieer de wachtwoordvelden en klik vervolgens op 'Verzenden' om de informatie op te slaan. (Denk eraan dat wachtwoorden hoofdlettergevoelig zijn.)

Hoe voeg ik een afbeelding aan mijn bericht toe?
Om een afbeelding aan uw bericht of handtekening toe te voegen, moet de afbeelding beschikbaar zijn op een webserver en bereikbaar zijn via een URL. U kunt hierbij bijvoorbeeld denken aan een afbeelding op uw eigen webpagina. Om een afbeelding in een bericht te plaatsen, gebruikt u de volgende mark-uptag:

[Linked Image from url_naar_afbeelding.com]

Als de afbeelding bijvoorbeeld kattenoog.gif heet en deze beschikbaar is op uw website (http://www.mijnwebsite.com/afbeeldingen), gebruikt u de volgende mark-up voor de afbeelding:

[Linked Image from mijnwebsite.com]

U kunt hetzelfde doen in uw handtekening. Klik op de optie Mijn homepage, die op elke pagina is te vinden. Klik vervolgens op 'Persoonlijke informatie, e-mail, wachtwoord...' onder de hoofdconfiguratie. Zoek het handtekeningvak en voer de gewenste informatie in, met inbegrip van de afbeeldingen/mark-up, zoals hierboven wordt aangegeven.

Opmerking: Om ervoor te zorgen dat de fora door iedereen snel kunnen worden geladen, raden wij u aan om geen afbeeldingen groter dan 35 k te gebruiken.

Is de grootte van afbeeldingen die ik in mijn handtekening kan gebruiken beperkt?
Wij willen u vragen om uw afbeeldingen relatief klein te houden. Vuistregel: maak afbeeldingen in handtekeningen niet groter dan 125 x 600 pixels en/of 35 k. Op deze manier kunnen alle gebruikers de fora snel laden.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Thanks Yomar, we'll have to trust you that the grammar is correct since most of us can't tell and Google certainly sucks at translation when it comes to proper grammar. grin

Y
Veteran
Veteran
Y Offline
Blaaskaak is a cool post count title laugh

Yarp #202787 12/07/2007 5:40 AM
Y
Y Offline
Blaaskaak should be able to tell, ntdoc laugh

Yomar #202795 12/07/2007 10:06 AM
I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Thanks Yomar for doing this smile

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by Yomar

LOL - Yeah, just joking with you Yomar. Thanks for the conversion work.

SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Originally Posted by Yomar

how does a guy get a postcount named after him!!???

i want one too!! eek

SD #202833 12/07/2007 4:31 PM
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Psh, you'd think I'd have the postcount named after me... "Gizmo in Training" at like 5k+ lol

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
SD #203067 12/12/2007 3:32 AM
Y
Y Offline
Here, use this language pack instead. It's for version 7.1.1 and not complete, but like 95% of the user interface should have been done.

IMHO and with all due respect, it is better than the existing language pack for Dutch.
Attachments
dutch.zip (108.49 KB, 80 downloads)

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
If someone would like to take a stab at 7.3 I could see about getting you a copy of the language files for it (at least what has been completed so far, which would be lacking the PayPal strings).

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Might be better to wait until the beta is out, as changes might occur between now and then smile

Ian #203119 12/12/2007 8:11 PM
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
the only real thing waiting is Rick's latest refresh; someone could have it worked on by then (just look at how long it took for the dutch one in the first place); but whatever.

I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Fair comment - I only said that because it would be a shame for someone to spend time translating only for the source language files to change smile

Ian #203163 12/13/2007 6:06 AM
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Most of 7.3 is done, I doubt the PayPal strings will have *that* much of an impact to really be that drastic of a merge wink

enthusiast
enthusiast
I've got an update for the dutch language pack (Version 7.2.2)
Attachments
dutch722.zip (112 KB, 94 downloads)
Dutch language pack for UBB.threads version 7.2.2

My place to be: http://www.freesat.nl
I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Thanks Robje01 smile

Thanks for sharing.

Ian #205534 01/24/2008 7:20 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Thanks Robje01

I will wait though as 7.3 will be out shortly and I'm sure it will need updates and I don't want to have to do it twice.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I'll be waiting as well to write some new dutch language files.

Y
Veteran
Veteran
Y Offline
Wow, a lot of dutch support. Looking forward to it, translating is not my thing, but some of the users like to have it in dutch.

Yarp #205917 02/03/2008 3:59 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
They sure do, but your name sounds dutch as well...

Y
Veteran
Veteran
Y Offline
That is because I am dutch and am technician for a dutch forum smile

Yarp #206193 02/08/2008 9:12 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Any satellite related board by any chance? :-)

Y
Veteran
Veteran
Y Offline
Well, a tiny bit smile

There is a rollercoaster out there called Satellite Coaster, and since it's rollercoasters, themeparks and funfairs we discuss, and there is that rollercoaster with that name. Well, yeah, it's remotely satellity related laugh

Yarp #206216 02/09/2008 7:21 PM
Hey blaaskaak, can you update the first post, with the latest 7.2 zip? Otherwise people will still download the older version, and complain that 7.1.x is better wink . Thanks!

Y
Veteran
Veteran
Y Offline
ehr, yes I can, which version should I use now from who?

Yarp #206293 02/11/2008 9:37 PM

nims2 #206648 02/18/2008 11:25 AM
Y
Veteran
Veteran
Y Offline
I can't edit my first post, rick, could you take care of this?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Havenofsobriety), 522 guests, and 99 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29