Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 197
E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 197
I had to change my server, after 10 years working with the former one. They lost my databases for the second time in less them 1 year.
Don't want to go there here, but bottom line is that my new datacenter do not allowed more than 500 emails/hour per domain.

Then, I have to find a way to send mass-mails to my members, instead of using the build in mail send that ubb has.

per my new server recomendation, I installed phplist and I'm trying to learn it, but as far as I went there, that software ask for a user-registration, and not a simple .TXT list and send e-mails from there.

I would like to find here on this forum another member that has this kind of limitation on his/her own server, and how he/she is dealing with it.

Is there any one out there?

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 197
E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 197
Maybe this post went lost, but is that true that anybody else has problems sending mass mail from their server? Just me??

thank you for looking. smile

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,235
veteran
veteran
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,235
Yes, mine has a limit, I think it's 500, but I've never sent a mass e-mail so I can't advise.

Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360
Likes: 2
Y
Veteran
Veteran
Y Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360
Likes: 2
We don't have the limit, but one of my private hosts does impose that limit. But the newsletter that told me about it also mentioned to contact them if that limit is in your way.

Your provider probably couldn't care less if you are a mass mailer that is sending out genuine messages to people who want them.

But by imposing that limit, they secure themself against bad/hacked scripts that send out the spam.


[Linked Image from siemons.org]

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Geoff, 1 invisible), 527 guests, and 135 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)