Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E Offline
I had a major crash on my server and had to re-install ubb 7.2.2 on a different server.
the backup I had was from my last 6.4, pre update to 7.x

I saved all databases from my previous server,
imported the databases on the new server.
then I run the updates from 7x up to 7.2.2
For some reason, the new installation is not seeing some of the old posts (some are there, some are not).
Is shows the topic subject, when you clic on it, it tell me that was an error on the database and could not recovery the post.

So, is there any way to 're-index' the database?
what the table "IMPORT_MAP" does? it's a very large table (about 70.000 records) and I'm not sure what that does.

My guess is that for some reason the database needs to be re-index, so it can point to the right posts again, but don't know how.

Thank you

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
What is the exact error?

The Import Map holds the data of what the OLD post Id/User ID from your UBB.T6 install was, so that it forwards properly to UBB.T7 (should you use the redirectors).

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E Offline
Hi Gizmo,
thank you for looking.
The error message is this:
---
UBB Error
There was a problem looking up this post in our database.

Please click back to return to the previous page.
---

The site is in Portuguese, so you may not be able to understand all but )'m attaching this picture that shows it.
All posts made after 01/27/08, when I re-installed the database, works fine.
All posts made until 08/30/07, when I recovered the database, if you click shows that message.
But if I browse the database I can see the posts there. They are not just indexed.
Any thoughts?
Attachments
forumErro1.jpg

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
I'm not sure I follow the original post. The import_map is only used for imported posts when you are going from links to the old forum (prior to 7.0).

It could be a variety of things, since several things were done at the same time, moving database to new serer and upgrading.

What should have probably been done, and you still might want to do, is start with your original database on the old server and then install that exact same version on the new server and make sure it works properly. At that point you could do the upgrade. It could be something such as database alteration steps not being run.

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E Offline
Rick,
I thought about that, but unfortunately I found about it 10 days after I release the new forum, and now on the new database I do have many new posts, that are not on the old database, like this:
Old server = all work from 2002 until October 2007
New server = All posts from 2002 until April 2007, then from January 24 until today.

So, I do have some missing posts from April 2007 until october 2007 that are on the old database, but I'm not sure how I could 'import/merge' it on the new one.
Is that possible? merge posts?

Thank you

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 872 guests, and 248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29