Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#206300 02/12/2008 9:28 AM
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 2
F
stranger
stranger
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 2
I've been holding off on purchasing a UBB license to find out if I could get it to work on Yahoo's servers. Is it possible?

Thanks,
Jeff

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
I'm not sure what services they offer on their hosting plans, but if you have access to PHP 4.3+ and MySQL 4 or 5, then you can certainly run UBB.threads on their servers.

Rick #206308 02/12/2008 4:30 PM
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,143
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,143
http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/webhosting/sitebuilding.php

This says php 4.3.11 and MySQL 4.1. Next question is whether or not the file system allows writable files, which some config files need to be.


This thread for sale. Click here! [Linked Image from navaho.infopop.cc]
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,235
veteran
veteran
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,235
It's at times like this when a demo version or some kind of test script package would be helpful.

Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 2
F
stranger
stranger
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 2
Originally Posted by ScriptKeeper
It's at times like this when a demo version or some kind of test script package would be helpful.

Absolutely. I'm not paying $199 for software that I'm 100% sure it will work, however much I want it!

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
you may want to contact the sales department ([email protected]) in this case...


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Gizmo #206337 02/13/2008 2:28 PM
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360
Likes: 2
Y
Veteran
Veteran
Y Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360
Likes: 2
https://www.ubbcentral.com/demo.php

This page has a testscript at the bottom where you can check if your hosting environment will allow you to run ubb.threads.


[Linked Image from siemons.org]

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 381 guests, and 101 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)