|
|
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659 Likes: 1
Pooh-Bah
|
|
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659 Likes: 1 |
I know the documentation says UBB.threads requires MySQL 4.0+ (currently I have 4.1.22-standard) and PHP 4.3+ (currently 4.4.8) I'm about to switch servers at my host to see if things help, and they asked the following -- I'm pretty sure the answer is NO to all these, right? Does your site require any special Apache, PHP, or Gem modules installed? Does your site require MySQL 4.1 or will a server running MySQL 5.0 service your site just the same? Is there a different between MySQL 4.* and 5.* for the sake of Threads? Recommendation? Thanks
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150 |
PHP5/MySQL5 will run the UBB without issues; I do it myself on my servers and roll it out on client servers as well.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659 Likes: 1
Pooh-Bah
|
|
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659 Likes: 1 |
Thanks, Giz. Is either preferred or it really doesn't matter?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649 Likes: 88
|
|
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649 Likes: 88 |
Thanks, Giz. Is either preferred or it really doesn't matter? Old thread same question. I use php5 but MYSQL4. What bang for the buck do I get going to MYSQL5?
Blue Man Group There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940 Likes: 1
Former Developer
|
|
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940 Likes: 1 |
you don't get much more BANG, because the software limits itself to 4x type queries... 5 is preferred, by me as a developer though and it's more capable.. soooo, if an upgrade to mysql 5 is buck free, then do it.. if it costs, i don't see why you'd HAVE to just for ubbthreads.. i always recommend 5, when it's possible though.. also apache 2.2 and php 5 as well 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150 |
sd's posting has me spamerang seal of approval...
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940 Likes: 1
Former Developer
|
|
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940 Likes: 1 |
/me googles 'spamerang' 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,294 Likes: 2
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,294 Likes: 2 |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150 |
It is actually6 in urban dictionary and several other places :x...
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649 Likes: 88
|
|
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649 Likes: 88 |
The reason I asked was I had several CGI misbehaved issues with 7.4.1 and I upgraded from PHP4 to PHP5. Which solved them. I am sure it was a host problem. But I still have some minor issues with other items so I was wondering if I should just upgrade MYSQL to 5. It will be a few calls to change since I did not select 5 when I built the database and upgraded from classic but it still will be a no cost item.
Blue Man Group There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798 Likes: 2
Pooh-Bah
|
|
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798 Likes: 2 |
Wouldn't hurt and is always preferable to run current versions if ever possible.
|
|
|
|
0 members (),
118
guests, and
136
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
|