Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
G
stranger
stranger
G Offline
I am currently running and old version of UBB Classic 6.3.0 and have been since Xmas Day 2002 and love it and have never had any trouble.

I have 42 forums listed and running, I recently deleted forum 30 and forum 33. When I go to rebuild forums stat files now it gets to forum 29 and rebuilds to there and then from 30 on it doesn't seem to rebuild anything. I seem to think its because when it gets to 30 it says 30 has been deleted and won't rebuild from there. It goes through the motions as if its doing it but it shows no posts being sorted as in the other forums.
Is there anything I can do to fix this? Or do I need to delete the forums all the way back to 30 and rebuild them again? I am fairly tech savvy but don't need all the bells and whistles and security fixes of the new and latest software although someday I may update.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
--GL

How do you live within your dash? http://www.thedashmovie.com/
Every man dies; not every man truly lives! --Braveheart
Your heart is free, have the courage to follow it. --Braveheart.
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
your vars_forums.cgi file may be corrupted, open it in a text editor and see what's going on.

- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe
Its been quite a while since classic for me. But I do recall there are several files impacted by deleting a forum. I did the same thing as you trying to perform some housekeeping.
I remember there was an issue with at least the 5 series when deleting a forum it was suggested to never delete a forum but to disable it. I can't recall what I did to repair it. Possibly try a search posted by charles capps. I believe that once you delete a forum that forum number will never be reused, If you were to add a forum it would be Forum 34 and rebuilding the stats would just skip 30,31,32 and 33 and perform a rebuild on 34.

Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Version 7.7.5 Images suddenly not displaying
by Stovebolt - 05/04/2024 11:19 AM
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 736 guests, and 155 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29