Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 17
B
stranger
stranger
B Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 17
I'm not sure where exactly this process takes place, but apparently there is a process which looks for URLs included in a post, and then creates linked text from the URL.

The original link becomes the linked text (truncated in some cases), and the actual URL is then applied using the [url= method.

What I want to do is to have posted URLs which direct to certain web-sites modified from the original posted URL format to include my affiliate IDs.

We are using version 6.5.

Is this functionality covered in one of the editable templates?
If not, can you direct me to the code which currently conducts the evaluation of post contents?

I'm reasonably sure I am not using the correct vernacular, but please ask if my quest is not understandable.

Essentially, I want to:
1. Discover included URLs (as already designed)
2. Read the URL looking for specified attributes
3. In the case the specified attributes are discovered I want to reconstruct the URL with a predefined content and structure.

As it is now, I have to manually edit each post containing these links, and then run a SQL update query to remove the Edited by info (unless the post was previously edited in which case it is more work to capture the existing edited by info and restore it after I edit it).

Any help will be deeply appreciated!!!

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
I believe it's covered in ubbthreads.inc.php, been a while since I've looked at it tho smile


- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 381 guests, and 101 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)