Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Today I went thru the upgrade process from UBBclassic to UBBthreads 7, After waiting hours for the info to import into my new database, I finished up and my cp page showed 13 forums, but the forums tabs said I didn't have any. I fussed around with a few things, then I changed the database path back to 'localhost' and now I can't even get into the cp with a 'unable to connect to the database server' error. I know even less about php than I do cgi, is there somewhere I can edit my settings? Thanks, Tim

old hand
old hand
I bet someone knows the file that determines the paths. Then, you can FTP to it and edit it.

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Look in the includes directory. The file you need to edit is the config.inc.php file. Each variable is pretty descriptive, so it's pretty easy to find the ones related to database info.

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
As for the original issue with not being able to see any forums. It could be a permission issue where you'll want to make sure that read/write permissions are set properly for each forum.

Last edited by Rick; 02/24/2008 12:51 PM.
Thanks for your help Rick, you made that easy. On the permissions issue, when I was trying to get my UBBclassic working properly I set highest permissions and they would not work on my iPower host, when I lowered them to 775/665 it worked again. Will UBBthreads work with these lower permissions, I now have them set to 777/666 as per the installation guide. Thanks again, Tim

Sorry to keep bothering everybody but I am trying to get this board online before I get hung out on a barb wire fence. I was concerned that the top permission settings were blocking me with my host (iPower), so I changed the specified permissions to 775/665. The permission check feature on the CP said they were OK, I still don't have any forums showing and the control panel info says I have 13 forums with 4072 members. I can look at the membership list, and the database tab in the CP left column shows data in all fields. Am I missing something in the setup and configuration? Again, Thanks for your help, Tim

old hand
old hand
As Rick was mentioning, you might try checking the forum permision settings in CP.

Go to:
Forums/Forum Settings/Details link (for the forums you can't see)/Forum Permissions

and check your settings there.

I went to Forums and all it said was 'Add New Forum' no other links, I went thru the 'Add New Forum' process and set the permission as you suggested, now I show one forum (#15) and still nothing else. I went to iPower MySQL and looked at my database and all 15 forums (including the new one) show up there with their content. ???

old hand
old hand
Sorry I can't help you further, but I'm sure Rick can.

Once you get through this, it should be smooth sailing.

I converted from Classic to Threads last year and have had no major problems to speak of.

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah

Your problem may be the same as the one I and others had when importing back in '06: read this

GangsterBB.NET (Ver. 7.6.1.1)
PHP Version 5.6.40 / MySQL 5.7.23-23 (was 5.6.41-84.1) / Apache 2.4.54
2007 Content Rulez Contest - Hon Mention
UBB.classic 6.7.2 - RIP
Thanks jgeoff and everyone, That worked!! You guys are amazing.

With all your help I am just about ready to go live with threads, I'm sure there will be glitches as there are so many more settings than the classic had. About all I need to clarify now is- when I have got the membership informed about the change, and then settled back down, will I be able to redo my import to syncronize the posts (as suggested by 'driv') or will I run into duplicate files being transferred (as read on another post). Also, why do I have to replace the 'ultimatebb scripts in the cgi_bin folder, can't I just redirect the menu item on the website to the new forum? Thanks for all the help, Tim

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 859 guests, and 196 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29