Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 170
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 170
Is there a quick and easy way to delete dozens of replies to dozens of threads made by a spammer? I have been doing it one at a time - which is very time consuming...



UBB user since 1998
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Is the person a valid account that you want to keep, or one that you want to delete?

If you delete the account I think it asks what you want to do with their posts (not positive since I've not deleted any for a long time)

If it doesn't ask but you do want to remove their posts then you might have to do it with a MySQL query.

One of the others should be able to chime in here soon with perhaps a tested / known resolution for your issue.

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 170
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 170
With the case that happened today (which prompted this post) I would have wanted to keep the account and not delete all of their posts - just some of their posts.



UBB user since 1998
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Okay well probably no easy way. Even doing by SQL you'd have to look up so much info that it would probably be just as easy to view and delete as you come across them.

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 170
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 170
Thanks for your reply. I didn't think there was a way but I figured I should ask in case I was missing something smile


UBB user since 1998

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Geoff, 1 invisible), 466 guests, and 124 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)