Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#207681 03/01/2008 4:28 PM
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 6
B
stranger
stranger
B Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 6
We moved our BB to a new server and url name
now when you view a topic and go back the yellow light is
still on as if you haven't read it yet.
Does anybody now what might be causing it?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Barb


barbie33 #207699 03/01/2008 7:40 PM
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,294
Likes: 2
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,294
Likes: 2
Clear your cookies and internet cache files, this will help as your cookie may be corrupted. This happens quite frequent when moving form one server to another with things such as a message board.

JAISP #207712 03/02/2008 1:18 AM
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 6
B
stranger
stranger
B Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 6
I already tired that Lockman, but thanks for trying.
I should mention that everybody on the BB is having the same
problem. Is there something that could have been turned off from the move?

barbie33 #207734 03/02/2008 2:41 PM
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,294
Likes: 2
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,294
Likes: 2
Sounds like perhaps a permissions problem then some where in your files or folders.

JAISP #207738 03/02/2008 3:43 PM
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 6
B
stranger
stranger
B Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 6
Thanks again Lockman I'll give that a try.
there was one thing I found in the wordlet last night

Quote
setup_urls_noncgi_test
Successful tests should result in an image of a lit lightbulb appearing below the test link. Requires <tt>on.gif</tt> be present in the NonCGI directory

I have the on gif in the file and the off.gif
But I where do I run the setup_urls_noncgi_test

barbie33 #207742 03/02/2008 4:19 PM
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,294
Likes: 2
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,294
Likes: 2
If I remember properly that will run when you first install the board and run the cp.cgi file as it detects the board is not currently configured.

JAISP #207834 03/04/2008 9:25 AM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
This issue is usually cookie related.


- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 206 guests, and 158 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)