Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#208490 03/13/2008 6:08 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 171
Likes: 1
member
member
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 171
Likes: 1
After seeing another site mine my own site for information--without my permission--I decided to try to add a copyright notice via the footer template on my site. I think I messed something up because while my regular site comes up (adwoff.com), my messageboard (http://adwoff.com/messageboard/ubbthreads.php) times out. ETA: when I made the change, my board still came up--just a little slower

This is what I added to the footer template:

HTML
<i><font size="-1"><div align="center"><br />&copy; 2001-2008 All Rights Reserved<br />
No part of this site may be used without <br />the expressed written permission from ADWOFF</div></font></i>

Did I break something?

If yes, how can I get inside the site to "fix it"?

~Sue <<-- yes, I know I need to upgrade; I plan to upgrade--I just need to get through the next 2 weeks of work!

ADWOFF #208491 03/13/2008 6:19 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 171
Likes: 1
member
member
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 171
Likes: 1
FYI -- my board finally came back up on its own, but I took out that code "just in case."

I really need to add a copyright to my board's pages. What's the best way of doing this without breaking my board?

Thanks.

~Sue

ADWOFF #208492 03/13/2008 6:59 AM
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360
Likes: 2
Y
Veteran
Veteran
Y Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360
Likes: 2
The text you added should not break your board in anyw ay.


[Linked Image from siemons.org]
Yarp #208493 03/13/2008 7:05 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
I think it's probably coincidence that the board went down at the same time it was added. That bit of text shouldn't cause any issues as Blaaskaak stated. Could have been an issue with the host/server at the time.

Rick #208509 03/13/2008 3:27 PM
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,143
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,143
It's my favorite Sue!

Hi


This thread for sale. Click here! [Linked Image from navaho.infopop.cc]
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Hi suzieueue... So long as you add the HTML into the footer includes section of the CP you shouldn't have any problems... I doubt you'd be adding it to pages manually, so not really any worries there wink...


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Havenofsobriety), 156 guests, and 140 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)