Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#208728 03/18/2008 1:58 PM
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 1
2
stranger
stranger
2 Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 1
I am having wierd behacvior on 6.5.2. - I run a huge fishing forum 13 thousand users and all posts which have any kind of photo attached just hang and take up to 30 to 60 seconds to load.

This happens in one forum but not all.

I have 26 thousand user uploaded pics - about 7 gigs of data

When people try and pull up threads they just hang - the sql server is not overloaded nor is the server.

I have tried optimizing all my tables etc... but alas nothing is working.

Does anyone have an sql command which would delete all attached photos over a time range? My forum is 4 years old now and I would delete photos older than a certain agae.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

J -


Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
You may need to open a support ticket, I think I've updated all 6.5series forums to 7.something by now. You might consider updating as well, I don't think people are having issues with attachments now.


- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
I found a site still running 6.5.5 - I don't think there's a time attached to attachments, except for the posts' time. You could delete the older topics that have attachments, but you run the risk of corrupting your Posts table.


- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Phun), 259 guests, and 127 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)