Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#209218 03/26/2008 12:29 AM
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 358
Likes: 1
enthusiast
enthusiast
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 358
Likes: 1
I'd like to publically display the name of a GROUP in one of the Custom fields.

I have a GROUP called "member". When I add people to that group, then they have access to some limited forums. Now what I'd like to do is post the word "Member" in one of the custom fields so that we can see who is a member. Naturally I don't want anyone but administrators to be able to edit the custom field.

How complicated would this be? Or is there a better way to display "Member" by reading the Group assignments? Next to the avatar?


--BIll B
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 12
C
stranger
stranger
C Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 12
I'd love to be able to do this somehow, too. It encourages subscriptions if the users get some sort of tag, image or other way to "show off" that they're supporting the forum.

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
It was mentioned in a previous thread, if i remember correctly its vary complicated process to make sure a thing automatic, too many ifs and but's.

The recommendation was just to do it manually for now.


BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 270 guests, and 100 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)