Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 5
D
stranger
stranger
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 5
I get this error:

"Unable to connect to database server, please try again in a few minutes."

I am able to login to phpMyAdmin and look at the tables. I am running 7.X Threads.

www.oralcancerfoundation.org

Any thoughts?

Last edited by Dj Aero; 04/20/2008 1:27 AM.
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
This error is generated when the MySQL server on your webhost cannot be connected to... This is an issue with your webhost vs the UBB script... Which would be why PHPMyAdmin (which is another script) cannot connect either...


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 5
D
stranger
stranger
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 5
I can connect and run SQL commands on the database through phpMyAdmin. It is only the UBB Thread which cannot connect to the Database.

What else could it be? Thanks for response.

Last edited by Dj Aero; 04/20/2008 2:05 AM.
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
Database settings in the control panel of Threads?
Set path and passwords.


BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
All looks okay now - moving to correct forum smile


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 171 guests, and 128 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)