Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 811
old hand
old hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 811
I started taking subscriptions from my members last year.

As an incentive to the early subscribers, I'd like to push forward their automatic renewal date.

Is there a way -- either through 7.3 or the PayPal system -- to mass change a subscription date for members?

For example, for everyone who first subscribed from May 1 - May 31, is there a way to change their subscription start date to July 1?

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
Hmm, on the Paypal part I'm not too sure. Paypal actually keeps track of the subscription renewal and then deducts the funds and submits back to threads on that specified date.

I'll need to look into a bit and see if there is something that can be done for this.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 811
old hand
old hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 811
Thanks Rick.

Another option I thought of was to send a small payment back to these people.

This would require a mass search in PayPal, followed by a mass send of the money. But, I’m not so sure this is possible.

Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 36
newbie
newbie
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 36
It is my understanding that the subscriptions run from the date that they are purchased. Is there a way to change this?

I would like my subscriptions to stop on June 30th, no matter when they are subscribed to.

Is there a way to do this?

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
Unfortunately, not at this time. That's something that we'd need to add into a new version.

Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 36
newbie
newbie
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 36
I understand....suggestion, maybe just a selectable end date?

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
You can change the end date on cheque payments.

The only way that I found to change the date on a Paypal payment was to database dive and manually set it.

However it would be nice t have the ability to change dates, so that a year could be extended for example.


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 171 guests, and 128 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)