Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
H
stranger
stranger
H Offline
Running UBB Classic 6.7.2

I'm having a problem in searching the member list from within in my control panel. In searching for an individual member, I get the appropriate input screen. But when I add search criteria and click "Begin Search", I am returned to the Log In screen where I am asked for my username and password. If I submit username and password, I'm returned to the Control Panel home screen. (Even if I don't submit UN and PW, I am still logged on to the control panel with just a blank screen.)

Anyway, if I then return to Member Management / View/Edit Members, the process repeats itself and becomes cyclic. The prebuilt searches "Inactive Members", "Last 50 Registrations" , etcetera seem to work okay. Also, I can access an individual member record from their link on the board proper. That works fine and takes me directly to the members record. However I can go no further than that. If I try to do an additional search while I'm in the control panel. I enter the routine described above.

Any ideas why I can't execute an individual (or group for that matter) search from my control panel?

Thanks -- Hal

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
By it logging you out it sounds like there may be a cookie issue... You may also check permissions on files (likely those in your cache)...

Another item would be to clear all cookies in your webbrowser.

Do you have any other webscripts installed on your server? It could be that some are being "rolled off" (you can only have so many cookies active at once)

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
H
stranger
stranger
H Offline
Thanks for the help! However, I've determined the problem. It my browser! I only get this behavior in IE. I downloaded the Foxfire browser, and things work just fine there. I've been running PC's for twenty years now, and I've just about had my fill of Microsoft.

Thanks again for the help.

Hal

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Ruben, 1 invisible), 722 guests, and 153 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29