Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#211238 05/06/2008 11:04 AM
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 7
B
stranger
stranger
B Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 7
I am interested in updating my UBB Classic forums at www.boomerwomenspeak.com. I understand that I will be able to create a page around the forums now and I love that idea. Can you please share some links to forums that are already doing that so I can view them to get ideas for how to do mine? Thanks.

Also, is there blog functionality with this update? I've been told I need to blog, but keeping up with the 60-plus forums is enough for me. I'd much prefer the forums to act as my blog, however that could work. Thanks for your help.




Dotsie Bregel
Founder
National Association of Baby Boomer Women
www.NABBW.com and
www.BoomerWomenSpeak.com
the # 1 sites on major search engines for baby boomer women.
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
Blogs are scheduled for 7.4 smile

Most forums now have left/right columns, including this site, https://www.ubbdev.com and my forum at http://www.fansfocus.com

There are many more examples, but I can't think of any URL's off the top of my head smile

I would also upgrade as classic is now EOL and any security issues will no longer be patched.

Ian #211243 05/06/2008 2:58 PM
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 7
B
stranger
stranger
B Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 7
Thanks for this information. I appreciate it. What is 7.4 and when will that take place, or does that mean July 4th? Pardon my ignorance. Thanks.


Dotsie Bregel
Founder
National Association of Baby Boomer Women
www.NABBW.com and
www.BoomerWomenSpeak.com
the # 1 sites on major search engines for baby boomer women.
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
7.4 is a (future) version of the UBB; it's scheduled to be worked on after 7.3 is out the door (which should be "soon").


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 7
B
stranger
stranger
B Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 7
I'm wondering if I should wait for the version with blog functionality. When do you think that will be launched?

This is most helpful. Thanks.


Dotsie Bregel
Founder
National Association of Baby Boomer Women
www.NABBW.com and
www.BoomerWomenSpeak.com
the # 1 sites on major search engines for baby boomer women.
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
No clue actually; 7.3 final isn't even out the door yet; so any answer would be pure speculation...


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 253 guests, and 121 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)