Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 59
journeyman
journeyman
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 59
I -think- I know the answer to my own question but I thought I would ask it anyway. Network Solutions, where I am hosted, is providing an upgrade to PHP 5.0 and mySQL 5. I did the PHP 5 upgrade through their management screen with no difficulty. My WordPress blog and my UBB still work just fine. I then changed mySQL to v 5.0 using the management screen for the blog. All I had to do was change the server location to the server name for the new IP address. All that was required was to change the server name in myconfig.php make the change at NS and all was done.

I suspect all I need to do with UBB is first go into the database server config screen and change the location name to the new value for the IP address and then issue the upgrade command at the NS management screen. Does that sound correct or should I manually edit a file with this new address?

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
Your safest bet is probably to edit the includes/config.inc.php file with the new information.

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 59
journeyman
journeyman
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 59
Thanks Rick! Just did a backup. BTW, it only takes about an hour using the backup utility in the product. It even completes at my ISP. I'll be contacting your company soon to have you do the 7.3 upgrade here. Many thanks for the greatest BBS around!

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 59
journeyman
journeyman
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 59
Just curious can an IP address be used here as well as the server name?

'DATABASE_SERVER' => 'mysqlv1',


Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
yes smile

usually 'localhost' works, if the mysql is on the same box..

if not, then make sure that the mysql login is setup to allow your IP to connect to the DB, since they'd be different. wink


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Geoff), 614 guests, and 85 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)