Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 693
Addict
Addict
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 693
One of the key reasons we upgraded to 7.3 was to be able to show the forum name in the Recent Topics box.

How do we add this in? I made some guesses as to field names, but I haven't guessed right.

Thanks!


Lisa Shea, owner, BellaOnline.com
BellaOnline Website
BellaOnline Forums - UBB since Apr 2002 - 58,000 members / 850,000 posts
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
You may want to try a similar post at DEV ?


BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 693
Addict
Addict
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 693
Oh I thought this was a simple thing? We've been talking about this for months and months and I thought this was always said to be something that 7.3 would allow. This is the #1 main reason I pushed to get 7.3 as soon as humanly possible and upgraded the moment it was available.

So is this not a one second change?


Lisa Shea, owner, BellaOnline.com
BellaOnline Website
BellaOnline Forums - UBB since Apr 2002 - 58,000 members / 850,000 posts
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 693
Addict
Addict
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 693
I see that post_island.tpl holds the template for that 'latest messages' area. Any hints on where the SQL that fills in those field choices is?


Lisa Shea, owner, BellaOnline.com
BellaOnline Website
BellaOnline Forums - UBB since Apr 2002 - 58,000 members / 850,000 posts
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
cache_builders/post_island.php

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 693
Addict
Addict
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 693
Oh! I've been editing ubbthreads.inc.php smile I'll go look for that one instead!


Lisa Shea, owner, BellaOnline.com
BellaOnline Website
BellaOnline Forums - UBB since Apr 2002 - 58,000 members / 850,000 posts
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 693
Addict
Addict
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 693
OK I seem to have kludged this together:


cache_builders/ post_island.php

add ,t2.FORUM_TITLE to end of SQL string

in

post_island.tpl in templates

add {$items[item].FORUM_TITLE} wherever wanted


Lisa Shea, owner, BellaOnline.com
BellaOnline Website
BellaOnline Forums - UBB since Apr 2002 - 58,000 members / 850,000 posts
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
yeppers smile

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
Ive just looked at your forum Bella and that's a neat hack
i think i will be doing that with 7.3 wink


BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
Lisa - what code are you using for posts in the last month in 7.3?

I cannot seem to get this working - obviously I am doing somehting wrong frown

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
good spot there ian wink


BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 166 guests, and 137 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)