Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 678
W
old hand
old hand
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 678
For the time being we won't be taking up the functionality of subscriptions, and I don't want mention of it on our forum when I upgrade. Is there a setting (that I haven't found yet) that will take out all mention of "Subscriptions" in My Stuff etc?

Thanks

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
Change

PHP Code
$stuff .= "<li><a href=\"" . make_ubb_url("ubb=subscriptions", "", false) . "\">{$ubbt_lang['MY_SUBS']}</a></li>"; 

to

PHP Code
/* $stuff .= "<li><a href=\"" . make_ubb_url("ubb=subscriptions", "", false) . "\">{$ubbt_lang['MY_SUBS']}</a></li>"; */ 

in html.inc.php

Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 678
W
old hand
old hand
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 678
OK thanks - can you talk me through that just a bit please so I can understand what is going on

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
it just removes that link by commenting out the line that includes the link..

you could also just put a // in front of the line to comment it out too..

so go to libs dir and open html.inc.php, find that line and comment it out smile

ideally, that line should be a conditional UNTIL the 1st subscription is created by the admin.. 2c

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
Agree on the conditional bit smile

Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 678
W
old hand
old hand
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 678
Thanks

Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 678
W
old hand
old hand
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 678
OK that worked thank you... .but just on the left hand side My Stuff... Subscriptions still appears on the top menu drop down.... is there a way to get rid of it there as well please?

Thank you


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 322 guests, and 186 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)