|
|
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 678
old hand
|
|
old hand
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 678 |
Basically I don't want "and 0 Spiders online".
How do I get rid of that, and include the number of "Spiders" in the number that is shown for guests. (ie. just as it is now in 7.2.2)
[So for example if there were 5 guests and 20 spiders online, I would have that display as "25 guests online"]
Thanks
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474 Likes: 3
Pooh-Bah
|
|
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474 Likes: 3 |
Just a thought (don't know if this would work) but if you remove (or shorten) the list of user agents - perhaps the spiders will show up as guests. Of course that won't remove the '0 spiders' notice - but it will make it look like you've got more 'real' visitors to your site 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 678
old hand
|
|
old hand
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 678 |
Thanks - it's not just that, I just don't want spiders mentioned all over the place....
Anyone?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839 Likes: 1
Carpal Tunnel
|
|
Carpal Tunnel
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839 Likes: 1 |
There is help for arachnophobia 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 678
old hand
|
|
old hand
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 678 |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 678
old hand
|
|
old hand
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 678 |
Anyone, please! 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 678
old hand
|
|
old hand
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 678 |
Anyone how do I get rid of the spiders mention on that Whos Online post island (like it was 7.2)?
Please if anyone knows, thanks
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659 Likes: 1
Pooh-Bah
|
|
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659 Likes: 1 |
You can remove the Spiders part entirely if you comment-out this section of \templates\default\island_whos_online.tpl:
{$spiders}
{if $spiders == 1}
<?php echo $ubbt_lang['ONLINE_SPIDER']?>
{else}
<?php echo $ubbt_lang['ONLINE_SPIDERS']?>
{/if}
to: ...but as for adding those totals into Guests, I'd have to look into it more deeply and don't have time for that tonight...
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 678
old hand
|
|
old hand
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 678 |
OK good start thank you.
If anyone could let me know how to "add" the guests and spiders that would be fantastic.
Thanks
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659 Likes: 1
Pooh-Bah
|
|
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659 Likes: 1 |
If you have any familiarity with coding, you could compare the 7.2.2 way of doing things vs the 7.3 way, and hack it up from there. I'm no PHP expert, but at 1AM I don't feel it's the time to try and become one... lol. But really, I dislike having the Spiders' count included into Guests, because I'd rather have an accurate count of *users* vs inflated access totals. But that's just me. If what I posted works, I think that could be enough. Only the site owner cares about Spiders, not the members. And the Spider totals should still come up on the full Who's Online page anyway. That said, inflating numbers can help sometimes if you're trying to sell ad space or something... 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 678
old hand
|
|
old hand
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 678 |
Thanks. It really isn't that. I am fine with the spiders being on the main Who's Online page. I just don't see the need and don't want them to be on every single page of my site. It was fine how it was in 7.2.2 with the spiders being included in the Guests number. I am far from being expert in php! Hoping to hear from some.... 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839 Likes: 1
Carpal Tunnel
|
|
Carpal Tunnel
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839 Likes: 1 |
You also asked about the sort order.... in cache_builders/online_now.php change $query = "
SELECT t1.USER_ID, t1.USER_DISPLAY_NAME, t1.USER_MEMBERSHIP_LEVEL, t2.USER_NAME_COLOR, t2.USER_VISIBLE_ONLINE_STATUS
FROM {$config['TABLE_PREFIX']}USERS as t1
LEFT JOIN {$config['TABLE_PREFIX']}USER_PROFILE as t2
ON t1.USER_ID = t2.USER_ID
WHERE t1.USER_ID in ( ? ) AND t1.USER_ID <> 1
order by t1.USER_DISPLAY_NAME asc
";
to $query = "
SELECT t1.USER_ID, t1.USER_DISPLAY_NAME, t1.USER_MEMBERSHIP_LEVEL, t2.USER_NAME_COLOR, t2.USER_VISIBLE_ONLINE_STATUS
FROM {$config['TABLE_PREFIX']}USERS as t1
LEFT JOIN {$config['TABLE_PREFIX']}USER_PROFILE as t2
ON t1.USER_ID = t2.USER_ID
WHERE t1.USER_ID in ( ? ) AND t1.USER_ID <> 1
order by t2.USER_VISIBLE_ONLINE_STATUS asc
";
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 678
old hand
|
|
old hand
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 678 |
Cool... what, that shows the users in the Who's Online list by activity rather than alphabetically?
(I don't have enough users on my test to find out!)
Thank you
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839 Likes: 1
Carpal Tunnel
|
|
Carpal Tunnel
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839 Likes: 1 |
Bear in mind the portal box is not instant - 10 minutes cache or above is good - however it will no longer sort in alphabetical order. Currently running at www.fansfocus.com
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 678
old hand
|
|
old hand
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 678 |
So basically is that the same as what is going on in 7.2? Good stuff. Dead simple when you know hey? 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839 Likes: 1
Carpal Tunnel
|
|
Carpal Tunnel
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839 Likes: 1 |
similar  .............
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 678
old hand
|
|
old hand
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 678 |
Cool. Thanks, I'm sure other people will be happy.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 678
old hand
|
|
old hand
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 678 |
I changed the code you have there Ian - thanks - but the listing is really strange. It seems to be almost showing the names at random. What are the criteria used for that if you could tell me?
Thank you
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 678
old hand
|
|
old hand
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 678 |
Hi Ian I have been trying to get this to work this morning with a clear head, but just can't. It just doesn't seem to be doing it right and the numbers appear what seems almost totally random. (Certainly not by activity). I&ve put it back to abc for now.. Do I need to change something else, or, .... any ideas?  Thank you You also asked about the sort order.... in cache_builders/online_now.php change $query = "
SELECT t1.USER_ID, t1.USER_DISPLAY_NAME, t1.USER_MEMBERSHIP_LEVEL, t2.USER_NAME_COLOR, t2.USER_VISIBLE_ONLINE_STATUS
FROM {$config['TABLE_PREFIX']}USERS as t1
LEFT JOIN {$config['TABLE_PREFIX']}USER_PROFILE as t2
ON t1.USER_ID = t2.USER_ID
WHERE t1.USER_ID in ( ? ) AND t1.USER_ID <> 1
order by t1.USER_DISPLAY_NAME asc
";
to $query = "
SELECT t1.USER_ID, t1.USER_DISPLAY_NAME, t1.USER_MEMBERSHIP_LEVEL, t2.USER_NAME_COLOR, t2.USER_VISIBLE_ONLINE_STATUS
FROM {$config['TABLE_PREFIX']}USERS as t1
LEFT JOIN {$config['TABLE_PREFIX']}USER_PROFILE as t2
ON t1.USER_ID = t2.USER_ID
WHERE t1.USER_ID in ( ? ) AND t1.USER_ID <> 1
order by t2.USER_VISIBLE_ONLINE_STATUS asc
";
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839 Likes: 1
Carpal Tunnel
|
|
Carpal Tunnel
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839 Likes: 1 |
Willing - I never said it was by activity - I just said it was similar  and takes away the alphabetical order. No one (apart from you) would ever know which order you want the box in anyway. If you look at the code you will easily see which order it is in with the revised code 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 678
old hand
|
|
old hand
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 678 |
Well I simply want it in by activity, as per 7.2. I think that is fairly easy to understand! 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839 Likes: 1
Carpal Tunnel
|
|
Carpal Tunnel
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839 Likes: 1 |
I and others are only trying to help you.
Being rude is not the way forward.
We only do our best and do not get paid for our time here.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 678
old hand
|
|
old hand
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 678 |
Sorry Ian - I was certainly not meaning to be rude!  In the above thread you said that no-one apart from me would ever know which order I wanted it. But I'm pretty sure that I said I wanted it as per 7.2 Anyway, if it came across that way I apologise, I more often than not post thanks and pleases I think and have countless times said how much I appreciate the help. Thank you.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474 Likes: 3
Pooh-Bah
|
|
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474 Likes: 3 |
I reckon the smiley does quite a lot for keeping the peace in 'emails' and posts  but for all the good it does... the exclamation mark " !" can do quite a lot to undo it. They should be used sparingly 
|
|
|
|
0 members (),
118
guests, and
136
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
|