Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 956
Old Hand
Old Hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 956
I dont know this is a bug or a problem understanding the new permission system:

I have a board for my moderators. The permission to see the board for admin, supermod and mod is set to 1, user, guest and the rest to 0. Mods are not able to see the board! Change I the mod to supermod he can see the board. Give I the permission 1 to user a mod can see the board.

I test it with old and new created boards, made the mod moderator in the board too. No chance, he cant see the board.

Miss I something or is this a huge bug?


my board: http://www.dragonclan-forum.de
my hobby: http://www.biker-reise.de
Ich kann bei Fragen zu UBBthreads in Deutsch weiterhelfen oder es zumindest versuchen
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
It should just be a combination of Moderators having the permission to see the forum, and the moderator actually being assigned to be a moderator of the forum.

Just to clarify, Moderators won't get the Moderator permissions for a forum unless they are actually assigned as the moderator of the forum.

If you've done that, which it sounds like you have, then I'll probably need a ticket/pm with some details so I can look into it further.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 956
Old Hand
Old Hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 956
It seems I have an understanding problem and it is not a bug. I will try some more tests to understand it. I report back if I fond out, whats going on.


my board: http://www.dragonclan-forum.de
my hobby: http://www.biker-reise.de
Ich kann bei Fragen zu UBBthreads in Deutsch weiterhelfen oder es zumindest versuchen
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 956
Old Hand
Old Hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 956
Ok, I understand it, it is not a bug.


my board: http://www.dragonclan-forum.de
my hobby: http://www.biker-reise.de
Ich kann bei Fragen zu UBBthreads in Deutsch weiterhelfen oder es zumindest versuchen
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
Great. It's definitely a change from how it used to work, but allows much more flexiblity now on what permissions moderators have in each forum.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 956
Old Hand
Old Hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 956
This can be moved to non bugs


my board: http://www.dragonclan-forum.de
my hobby: http://www.biker-reise.de
Ich kann bei Fragen zu UBBthreads in Deutsch weiterhelfen oder es zumindest versuchen

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 225 guests, and 88 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)