Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 170
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 170
So, for the group permissions for Moderators, suppose I am trying to make it difficult for a rogue moderator to delete old posts and decimate a forum...


If I set a "Delete Post Time Limit" of say 3000 minutes and the "Delete Any Post" field is set to "1" - I suppose that that the time limit would not then work, correct?

If I set the time limit to 3000 minutes and the "Delete Any Post" field to "0" - then Moderators would still be able to delete any post but only within 3000 minutes - would that be correct?


UBB user since 1998
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
In this version it is no possible to prevent moderators from deleting threads. That is coming in 7.3.1. That will solve your potential problem.

However your work around should work (I think) - best bet is to log in as a mod and try it smile

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 170
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 170
I guess I will have to wait for the next version. I did a test and it seems that as long as a moderator has the right to delete and edit posts - the time limits do not apply.


UBB user since 1998

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Geoff, 1 invisible), 552 guests, and 89 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)