Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 678
W
old hand
old hand
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 678
I am trying to get it so that the subject line of an email sent out when someone sends a Private Message reads

"Private Message from John"

where John is the person sending the PM

In Language editor, mailer.php, field PMN_SUBJECT I put the following

Private Message from %%FROMNAME%%

but it isn't working.

What might I be doing wrong here?

Thank you.

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
I don't know but its a great idea a one i would prefer wink


BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
in /scripts/sendmessage.inc.php and /scripts/mess_reply.inc.php

change

$mailer->set_subject('PMN_SUBJECT', array('BOARD_TITLE' => $config['COMMUNITY_TITLE'], 'FROMNAME' => $fromname));

to

$mailer->set_subject('PMN_SUBJECT', array('BOARD_TITLE' => $config['COMMUNITY_TITLE']));

then you can use something like:

%%BOARD_TITLE%%: Private Message from %%FROMNAME%%


Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
BTW - not checked, but should work smile


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 225 guests, and 88 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)