Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5
S
stranger
stranger
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5
We have UBB Threads 7.3.
When a general user edits their post, is there a way NOT to give them the Mark as Edited check box. Basically I want any post that is edited to always show that it had been edited, I would prefer not to have stealth edits possible.

Thanks.
Mariann Krizsan
http://www.ironycentral.com/forum/ubbthreads.php

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 142
G
member
member
G Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 142
Yeah, I'd like that too, but I don't think it is an option.

I'd like every edit to show up in a list, every time. Except that admins and moderators might be able to choose not to make their edits to show.


aka Olle Johansson
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
editpost.tpl

find:
Code
<input type="hidden" name="gallery" value="{$is_gallery}" />

add below:
Code
<input type="hidden" name="markedit" value="1" />

find:
Code
<input type="checkbox" value="1" id="markedit" name="markedit" checked="checked" class="form-checkbox" /><label for="markedit">{$lang.MARK_EDIT}</label>

send it to the dustbin..

quick/dirty *poof*

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
That will not allow admins / mods to hide their edit though in posts?

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
that's why it was quick / dirty.. you want admin/mods to hide, then just add a conditional that is passed into the tpl..

bada bing.


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Geoff, 1 invisible), 522 guests, and 131 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)