Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
I have been running UBB.threads™ forever. I purchased back in 2003 and have been running v6.5.2 with the IIP 6.5.2 by David Lozier ©2004. I understand you guys have made IIP obsolete with your newer releases. Here is what I want to accomplish:

1) Use the new portal instead of IIP. This allowed me to make custom HTML on the side menus. Is this possible with the new version?

2) My boards look old and tired. One of our sister organizations forums looks like this:
http://www.theancientorder.com/forums/ubbthreads.php
I am so jealous. My question, is there any resources on beautifying board templates to produce something similar?

3) I want to also purchase the upgrade install option to get some help so I dont screw things up. Will you still assist me even though I have IIP installed?

4) I am actually moving from Debian to Redhat and am building a new server, I plan to upgrade the forums when I move systems in the next 30 to 45 days. How much lead time do you need for an install?

Any information is appreciated. Thank you!

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
#1 Yes, you can use custom HTML in the side menus.

#2 We have a couple forums here that can help with some style downloads, and tips on modifying. There's also UBBdev.com if you want to go into deeper modifications. It's mainly just stylesheet and some graphics it looks like for the site you referenced.

#3 Yes, we actually install our latest version and then import all of your data into it, so it won't matter if you have IIP installed.

#4 We don't need much lead time, installs and upgrades are normally complete within 3 days of the order being placed.

I just did the demo for 7.3 and I am totally impressed. I am going to get going on the new system, and get this going quickly. The new version is awesome and I am totally impressed. Thanks for the information!

JetStar
www.the-kgb.com
The Knights of Glory and Beer
Established 1997
C
journeyman
journeyman
C Offline
Woot! My site mentioned smile Now where's my kickback for helping to drive upgrades! tongue

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Gizmo, Nightcrawler), 791 guests, and 189 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29